Windows 10: WHy do I have to accept these updates?

Discus and support WHy do I have to accept these updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You know, this is going to be short and simple. Why Do I have to accept these updates that Microsoft forces down on us? Every time I get one of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KilgoreAM2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. WHy do I have to accept these updates?

You know, this is going to be short and simple. Why Do I have to accept these updates that Microsoft forces down on us? Every time I get one of these updates, my computer starts to run worse and worse. I have had to re-install windows 10 now twice, after an update fragged an essential function of the computer, like being able to turn it off.

Now I am not one to say that security isn't important, and I get why they try to crank out updates to patch insecurities, but honestly, forcing them onto us? That's not right. Let us take the risk. Stop screwing with my computer, please.

:)

KilgoreAM2, Jul 16, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond WHy do I have to accept these updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 17, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 17, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

WHy do I have to accept these updates?

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

WHy do I have to accept these updates?

1. WHy do I have to accept these updates? - Similar Threads - WHy accept updates

2. Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates: Why do I have to wait 30 day for security updates submitted a new phone number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-wait-30-days-for-security-updates/5d1963c4-f57f-40af-870f-0b68963f1ed5
  3. Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?: It says i need over 90 updates to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-windows-7-updates/c125578d-1ef8-43e8-8891-3af93a8055fe
  4. Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?: Obvious enough question but every time I power on a laptop/ PC following this update I need to log in twice. On the 1st occasion of entering the correct credentials the screen flickers and brings me back to the same log in screen. This isn't an issue specific to one device, I...
  5. Why do I have this error?...

Why do I have this error?...: Hello, When I try to drag & drop emails from Outlook to another application here is the error I get: Microsoft.Explorer.Notification.{DC16CC3E-713B-EA9F-4CB7-101B23378F3C} [ATTACH] Could you please assist? Thank you....
  6. Why do I HAVE to have iDM

Why do I HAVE to have iDM: I have a Lenovo Ideapad that is not in Smode, and every time I click on a hyperlink for Uni articles, it insists I download the app iDM, when I do the hyperlink downloads but into HTML format which is useless to me. I uninstalled iDM to check if that would work, and no it...
  7. Why do I have to keep updating my account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to keep updating my account?: I saw a similar post on this, but I do not have the option of deleting the account without having the entire school doing so. Every time I open my school account, I get this message: [IMG] My admin and I have tried new passwords, but this problem keeps happening. It...
  8. Why do I have to sign in?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why do I have to sign in?: I followed whatever the procedure is to make it unnecessary for me to sign in, but from time to time after the sign-in process is bypassed (I see the screen start to come up but it is quickly replaced by "Welcome") the screen goes blank and then the sign-in screen comes up....
  9. Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809?: I installed Win10 64 Home on a new computer, and all of the updates have been done, and I finally have it set up like I want it, and yesterday Windows downloaded and installed this new version that came out in November, called 1809. Every privacy invasion is back. My start...
  10. Why do I have to wait for updates??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I have to wait for updates??: So im in Windows 10 and i see a button. "Update and shutown". I click this deceptive button. I turn the computer on.... Guess what? It must spend the last of my battery installing update. Thanks . So it's really "shutdown, THEN update" does Microsoft have trouble with...