Windows 10: Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it?

Discus and support Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/NikeESL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evodvg/why_do_i_have_to_activate_a_windows_10_key_if_i/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NikeESL, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it?

/u/NikeESL, Jan 29, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 29, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 29, 2020
  4. skippy258 Win User

Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it?

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it? [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it?

1. Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it? - Similar Threads - Why Activate Key

2. why do i need to unlock the full game even tho i own it already?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i need to unlock the full game even tho i own it already?: i need the easiest tutorial https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-unlock-the-full-game-even-tho-i/156c75fd-6076-4fb1-8ef1-0bb3f2f439f7
  3. why do i need to unlock the full game even tho i own it already?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i need to unlock the full game even tho i own it already?: i need the easiest tutorial https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-unlock-the-full-game-even-tho-i/156c75fd-6076-4fb1-8ef1-0bb3f2f439f7
  4. Why do I have to rebuy apps I already bought?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why do I have to rebuy apps I already bought?: I bought HumanJapanese a few years ago on the Microsoft store yet now that I want to download the app on my new laptop it is telling me to buy it again. Nowhere does it show that this app is on my profile. I feel as if I'm being robbed. How do I trust that if I play for this...
  5. Why do I have to rebuy apps I already bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to rebuy apps I already bought?: I bought HumanJapanese a few years ago on the Microsoft store yet now that I want to download the app on my new laptop it is telling me to buy it again. Nowhere does it show that this app is on my profile. I feel as if I'm being robbed. How do I trust that if I play for this...
  6. Why do I have to rebuy apps I already bought?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 already activated, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 already activated, what should I do?: In the past I had installed a pirated activated copy of windows 10 on my pc and I had logged in to my microsoft account. Since then I have formatted the pc and I reinstalled windows 10 from the official microsoft software page (here...
  8. Will I have Windows 10 already?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will I have Windows 10 already?: I'm currently using a HP Pavillion Prebuilt. I'm going to build a pc and if I was to put my prebuilt pc's Harddrive on my new build pc, will it have WINDOWS 10?...
  9. i already own minecraft 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i already own minecraft 10: I own this game. I bought it on empiregaming. I redeemed the code and it says I own it on my mircrosoft account. I tried to go to the Minecraft game page to download the launcher.but when I go to the Minecraft game page there is only an option to buy the game pack and the...
  10. i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated: Hello, if i want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop ( i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated on laptop when i bought the laptop and i don't have the activation key ) do i need the activation key ? The product id is :00325-95800-00000-AAOEM...