Windows 10: Why do I have to change my password each time

Discus and support Why do I have to change my password each time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Each time I want to open Microsoft they tell me my password is incorrect when I have just changed it. Why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricKlauda, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Why do I have to change my password each time

Each time I want to open Microsoft they tell me my password is incorrect when I have just changed it. Why?

:)

EricKlauda, Sep 14, 2019

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Change password required every time I log in

Hi,

my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message..

1. "The user's password must be changed before signing in"
    2. It pops up the new password and confirm password box
    3. then i can enter the same or new password
    4. It says changing password, then your password has been updated.
    5. it then logs me on.
    However, i have to go through this process every time i start.

The 5 steps in your message do not work as when i get to the advanced tab it says this option is not available and to go to control panel and change user passwords there. In control panel, settings, accounts,
    sign in options i have changed the Require sign-in to Never but it still asks me next time i shutdown and turn on.

chadfoster1, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Why do I have to change my password each time

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Why do I have to change my password each time

1. Why do I have to change my password each time - Similar Threads - Why change password

2. How do I disable the requirement for a password each time I open my HP Pavilion Laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the requirement for a password each time I open my HP Pavilion Laptop...: This is my home laptop, and I am the only user. I guess when it was setup it asked for a password, and I obliged. Now it has changed to requiring me to change the passcode every so often, and it will not allow me to use previous passcodes. I have tried to disable this, and...
  3. I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.: I understand that an application can't use the camera if it is being used by another application, but even if I haven't used the camera since the computer was turned on, it won't register in the conference application I wish to use. Therefore, I have to unplug it to get it...
  4. My password is incorrect even after changing it 3 times and double checking it each time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My password is incorrect even after changing it 3 times and double checking it each time.: So i was trying to fix a problem and I booted to safe mode and then I was prompted to a screen to put my password in. It said it was incorrect. I changed my microsoft password and it was still incorrect. I then tried to do a recovery and got sent to a screen in where i had to...
  5. Why do I have to change my pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to change my pin?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. This is my own PC, not any organisation's. This is the 3rd time it has forced me to change my pin and it is almost every month or two. It is getting very frustrating. I saw anothether question that was the same...
  6. How do I start PC without putting in a password each time?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I start PC without putting in a password each time?: how do I start PC without putting in password each time it's restarted? Thanks in advance. * Original title: Password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-start-pc-without-putting-in-a-password/108c74c9-331f-47c1-9624-a27b40e11d33
  7. why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use.: Every time I go to a website, etc. I have to type in my password. I am using windows 10s. I never had this problem before when I was using another internet provider....
  8. netplwiz To Prevent Asking For password Each Time Doesn't Work: Why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    netplwiz To Prevent Asking For password Each Time Doesn't Work: Why?: Hello, Have a new HP Pavillion desktop; W10. I have it go to Sleep after about 30 minutes. Every time, upon waking it up by pressing a key, it always asks me for my Password. A real pain. So, I did the: netplwiz bit, but it still asks me each time. Is this supposed to...
  9. netplwiz To Prevent Asking For password Each Time Doesn't Work: Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    netplwiz To Prevent Asking For password Each Time Doesn't Work: Why?: Hello, Have a new HP Pavillion desktop; W10. I have it go to Sleep after about 30 minutes. Every time, upon waking it up by pressing a key, it always asks me for my Password. A real pain. So, I did the: netplwiz bit, but it still asks me each time. Is this supposed to...
  10. Why don't my tabs stay open? Why do I have to log in to Outlook and Facebook each time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why don't my tabs stay open? Why do I have to log in to Outlook and Facebook each time?: I will have two tabs open and when I go back to one it has to come back on taking minutes. Facebook or Microsoft Outlook. Why won't they stay on like they used to before Windows 1803. Also on my Desk top I have to sign in each time I turn them on. I click: Keep my logged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do I have to allow adobe flash player every time

2. when I log into ATT why do I have to change my password every time