Windows 10: Why do I have to click 'Power' button twice to get the shutdown options menu.

Discus and support Why do I have to click 'Power' button twice to get the shutdown options menu. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a brand-new machine. There is no other software installed other than Windows 11. I read another similar thread that says "Some hardware causes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ElkayEQEQEQEQ, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Why do I have to click 'Power' button twice to get the shutdown options menu.

This is a brand-new machine. There is no other software installed other than Windows 11. I read another similar thread that says "Some hardware causes this issue" but as a software developer I find this explanation difficult to accept.

:)

ElkayEQEQEQEQ, Jun 14, 2022
  2. James Win User

Windows 10 "Shutdown Button" Not Working - I Give Up

Hello, Caxtin.

I’ve not actually heard about this before - I’m assuming when you shut down and make a small mouse or keyboard input it turns on instantly?

My guess on the fix is to disable Fast startup.

Fast Startup is also known as Windows Hybrid Shutdown. Follow these steps to disable it:
    1. Open the Control Panel
    2. Go to Hardware and Sound → Power Options
    3. Click on Choose what the power button doeschoose what the power button does
    4. Go to Shutdown Settings
    5. Uncheck the Turn on Fast Startup (recommended) optionturn off fast startup windows 10
    6. Apply the changes.

If you can’t uncheck Fast Startup, click on the option Change settings that are currently unavailable.

You could also run the shutdown command to see if that works (a method of troubleshooting if the above option doesn’t work)
    In the start menu type: Shutdown /s /t 0

- *Smile

James, Jun 14, 2022
  3. How to remove Power Button Menu - if you find it useless.

Suggestion for Nokia.

As there is only 1 button to produce impulses, number of impulses sent by human should have meaning:

• Standby
    • Hibernate
    • Shutdown
    Nokia Power Management would show its Power Button menu on first click and launch (5 sec) timer, if Power Button was not pressed during that time (or keyborad or mouse selection made), first option should activate (Standby). If Power Button is clicked for
    second time, the (Hibernate) option becomes selected, and timer is reset and if nothing happen, after (5 sec) timeout the option (Hibernate) activates.

This should allow single button operation of all power functions of Booklet.

The selection could be sound (voice) assisted, for cases when Booklet lid is closed.

myroslav---01, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Why do I have to click 'Power' button twice to get the shutdown options menu.

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

Why do I have to click 'Power' button twice to get the shutdown options menu.

1. Why do I have to click 'Power' button twice to get the shutdown options menu. - Similar Threads - Why click 'Power'

2. Why do I have to click "Next desktop background" twice for it to change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to click "Next desktop background" twice for it to change?: In order to change my desktop backgroung I must open the context menu twice and click Next desktop background.I don't understand why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-click-next-desktop-background/041c889c-fff2-4e73-b247-53e811e7407b
  3. Why do I have to click "Next desktop background" twice for it to change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to click "Next desktop background" twice for it to change?: In order to change my desktop backgroung I must open the context menu twice and click Next desktop background.I don't understand why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-click-next-desktop-background/041c889c-fff2-4e73-b247-53e811e7407b
  4. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have to click twice to highlight?: Not too long ago, when writing in Word 2021, I could highlight a word or sentence THEN click to copy it.Seems now I have to click first at the beginning of the highlight and then again at the end of the highlight - otherwise if I move the cursor away from the area I will lose...
  5. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

why do I have to click twice to highlight?: Not too long ago, when writing in Word 2021, I could highlight a word or sentence THEN click to copy it.Seems now I have to click first at the beginning of the highlight and then again at the end of the highlight - otherwise if I move the cursor away from the area I will lose...
  6. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why do I have to click 'Power' button twice to get the shutdown options menu.

Why do I have to click 'Power' button twice to get the shutdown options menu.: This is a brand-new machine. There is no other software installed other than Windows 11. I read another similar thread that says "Some hardware causes this issue" but as a software developer I find this explanation difficult to accept....
  8. I can't get rid of the "Update and Shutdown" on my power button menu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't get rid of the "Update and Shutdown" on my power button menu.: So I have an older system from 2011 that cannot be updated to the Windows feature update 20H2 or else it crashes every 5 minutes. I am currently on 1909 and it works fine. The problem I have is that Microsoft seems to be forcing me to update now and always displays "Update...
  9. Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.: On all of my previous Windows 10 computers I only had to press the power button once to turn it on. On my most recent build, it requires me to double press quickly in order to power on. If I press once it will shut down. I have gone into the power settings to change what it...
  10. There are currently no Power options availeable on clicking power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    There are currently no Power options availeable on clicking power button: Piease help about my problem. I can,t restart option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-availeable-on/423dd72d-b047-4687-b625-99b615580ceb