Windows 10: Why do I have to continuously reset my wifi 2 adapter?

Discus and support Why do I have to continuously reset my wifi 2 adapter? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have Windows 10 but I don't think that is the problem. I have a custom-built PC with a wireless wifi adapter, instead of on ethernet because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SeanBlender, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Why do I have to continuously reset my wifi 2 adapter?

So I have Windows 10 but I don't think that is the problem. I have a custom-built PC with a wireless wifi adapter, instead of on ethernet because I cant and I have to troubleshoot every 20-2 minutes, and when troubleshooting it says resetting the wifi 2 adapter.

I already unchecked the setting where it turns off the adapter to save power and it didn't work.

Also, my wifi has been really slow recently but I am connected to the wifi and I have to troubleshoot or I won't be able to use the internet.

Why do I have to continuously reset my wifi 2 adapter? dbb4a5e1-c270-46aa-8d23-cf47acd84fd3?upload=true.png

:)

SeanBlender, Apr 18, 2020

2. "WIFI adapter reset" continuous fault

I have 2 laptops connected to my WIFI.

One works fine without any issues.

The other regularly (at least daily sometimes more often) trips out of the internet - usually at the most important time!

When I open the troubleshooter, the same message comes up:

"WIFI adapter reset - default gateway not available"

It then fixes itself & re-sets ok.........until the next time.

Since this doesn't happen with the other lap top, it can't be the router problem so must be this lap top.

Running Windows 10 - which I upgraded to & didn't have the issue prior to this!

Any suggestions as to what I can do to stop this happening?

many thanks

montydogUK, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 18, 2020
  4. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Why do I have to continuously reset my wifi 2 adapter?

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

Thema:

Why do I have to continuously reset my wifi 2 adapter?

1. Why do I have to continuously reset my wifi 2 adapter? - Similar Threads - Why continuously reset

2. why do I have 2 sign ins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have 2 sign ins: Hi,I have 2 sign ins. ! has my billing on it, the one ending onmicrosoft.com and the other tells me to sign up to 365 which just shows my email address. Also I don't have the planner app that I've just found out about. I am unable to upload my screen shot....
  3. why do I have 2 sign ins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I have 2 sign ins: Hi,I have 2 sign ins. ! has my billing on it, the one ending onmicrosoft.com and the other tells me to sign up to 365 which just shows my email address. Also I don't have the planner app that I've just found out about. I am unable to upload my screen shot....
  4. why do I have 2 sign ins

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why do I have no WiFi option in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have no WiFi option in my laptop?: This has happened to me a few times but only lasted a few minutes, it has now been going on for a couple of hours and I have tried everything online and on my laptops settings and troubleshooting and nothing makes any difference...
  6. Why do I have no WiFi option in my laptop?

Why do I have no WiFi option in my laptop?: This has happened to me a few times but only lasted a few minutes, it has now been going on for a couple of hours and I have tried everything online and on my laptops settings and troubleshooting and nothing makes any difference...
  7. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

Network reset breaking my wifi adapters: So basically I wanted to try on how to fix why my VPN weren't downloading properly and also having a code 56 and I tried the network reset button and then it broke all my network adapters and all of them have code 56 the configuration thing if I typed the wrong code and I...
  8. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network reset breaking my wifi adapters: So basically I wanted to try on how to fix why my VPN weren't downloading properly and also having a code 56 and I tried the network reset button and then it broke all my network adapters and all of them have code 56 the configuration thing if I typed the wrong code and I...
  9. Why do I have to reset my connection for WiFi but not for a hotspot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I have to reset my connection for WiFi but not for a hotspot?: I’ve been using a hotspot for nearly two weeks in Windows 10, but suddenly I keep needing to reset the adapter when the internet was connected. I’m not sure if I need to ask this on the HP forum....
  10. Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop?: I noticed that I have 2 user profiles on my laptop. Why? Is this some kind of virus or malware? I have Microsoft Defender Antivirus working [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i have to continuously reset the wifi adapter

2. resetting the wifi adapter in windows 10