Windows 10: Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?

Discus and support Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Meir Horvitz, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?

Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?

:)

Meir Horvitz, Nov 12, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 12, 2021
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 12, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc? - Similar Threads - Why enter account's

2. I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?: When I sign into a website like Yahoo.com I get a prompt appear asking me to enter my password for my Windows account first. Why & how do i stop it?...
  3. I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?: When I sign into a website like Yahoo.com I get a prompt appear asking me to enter my password for my Windows account first. Why & how do i stop it?...
  4. Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?

Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?: I dont ewant to have to enter a password to open my computer. Is there a way to bypass the password requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-have-a-password-to-enter-windows/e9a2a6f0-ccbe-449b-a41d-5e8fd138bb3f
  5. Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?: I dont ewant to have to enter a password to open my computer. Is there a way to bypass the password requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-have-a-password-to-enter-windows/e9a2a6f0-ccbe-449b-a41d-5e8fd138bb3f
  6. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?: So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many...
  7. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?: So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many...
  8. Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?

Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?: Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-enter-my-accounts-password/ccd26f7b-eab1-4d79-af53-f57ca5ca1e2e
  9. Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?: Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-enter-my-accounts-password/ccd26f7b-eab1-4d79-af53-f57ca5ca1e2e
  10. How to eliminate entering my password when I open my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to eliminate entering my password when I open my PC: Evert time I boot up my laptop, itasks me for my password. How can I eliminate this demand? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eliminate-entering-my-password-when-i-open/c366a060-f275-48c9-b5dc-e80e87aa02cb