Windows 10: Why do I HAVE to have iDM

Discus and support Why do I HAVE to have iDM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad that is not in Smode, and every time I click on a hyperlink for Uni articles, it insists I download the app iDM, when I do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SusanAshcroft, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Why do I HAVE to have iDM

I have a Lenovo Ideapad that is not in Smode, and every time I click on a hyperlink for Uni articles, it insists I download the app iDM, when I do the

hyperlink downloads but into HTML format which is useless to me. I uninstalled iDM to check if that would work, and no it didn't because Microsoft insists that I have to have this APP. Is there a way round this?

Can anyone help me I am unable to study and need to access these links, for my assignment that is due in 3 days. Thanks

:)

SusanAshcroft, Dec 12, 2019

2. idm error 0x80040154

Hi,

This error comes because IDM has not integrated properly.

• Run as IDMan.exe with administrator priviledges.
    • Close idm completely by going task manager->right click on IDM.exe->end process.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Again run the Internet download manager normally.

VinOth_VingO, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Smart Screen Problem while accessing Internet Download Manager (IDM) on Windows 10

Hello Harshil,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Is this issue specific to Internet Download Manager (IDM)?
    • Is it on Microsoft account or Local account?
    • Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Download Manager (IDM)?
    Suggest you to check with the below steps and see if it helps.

* Right-click on the Internet Download Manager (IDM)
    shortcut file. I mean the .exe file through which you launch the application.

* Select Properties,

* Go to Compatibility tab,

* Check if Run this program as an administrator check box is selected. If yes, then try to clear or uncheck it.

* Click Apply/OK.

Now try to launch the application to see if it makes any difference. If possible, try to restart your computer once to see if it works fine.

Let us know how it went.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Why do I HAVE to have iDM

utorrent &IDM

What is idm?

eidairaman1, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Why do I HAVE to have iDM

1. Why do I HAVE to have iDM - Similar Threads - Why iDM

2. why do i need to re-pair my bt mouse under win10 after last update on every re-boot ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why do i need to re-pair my bt mouse under win10 after last update on every re-boot ?: all said above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-re-pair-my-bt-mouse-under-win10/774feab4-48d4-4621-85d2-7940a21ebea3
  3. Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup?: On and off, there are periods where the windows that run on startup will start where I last put them. Otherwise, they sometimes start up in a big, ugly mess in the center of my main monitor. Is there a setting to make that stop? Is there any particular reason it keeps coming...
  4. Error code 0x80070057 when troubleshooting why speakers won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error code 0x80070057 when troubleshooting why speakers won't work: My XPS 15 9570 won't recognize the built in computer speakers. There is a small red "x" next to the speaker icon in the bottom right and the volume buttons don't work. When I run troubleshooting on the speakers I get error 0x80070057. I recently replaced the SSD on my own and...
  5. Why are microsoft game ads so loud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are microsoft game ads so loud?: When I'm playing microsoft sudoku the ads are so loud they hurt my head and stress me out. One of them, a slots game, starts out with a horrendous screeching noise which is horribly disturbing and the volume is extremely loud. Granted you can turn the volume off in the ad but...
  6. Why does Outlook 2019 want a pin number ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does Outlook 2019 want a pin number ...: when I don't use one. Purchased Outlook 2019 and it worked okay for a couple of days. The one day it starts up with a message to enter a pin number. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? All emails still work except the main account where Outlook wants a pin. Geez! Then...
  7. Why windows 10 desktop background is black on domain user

Why windows 10 desktop background is black on domain user: Why Windows 10 desktop background is black on domain user??????????? If same user i login in other system than my company default background coming. i delete the file from this path C:\Users\harnish.accuris\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles and restart...
  8. Why did upgrading to Windows 10 convert my wav files to oma?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did upgrading to Windows 10 convert my wav files to oma?: Why did upgrading to Windows 10 convert my wav files to oma and how do I get them back to wav files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-upgrading-to-windows-10-convert-my-wav/45b8e8cf-24bc-4876-afb9-76d85e24e1ba
  9. Why did I receive a notification that something changed with my account possibly something...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did I receive a notification that something changed with my account possibly something...: I just checked my account in my settings and everything was supposedly fine there and then I logged into my account onto the computer and everything was fine there. Supposedly. Can anyone help with this? submitted by /u/ctilvolover23 [link] [comments]...
  10. Why do my windows reset upon startup?

Why do my windows reset upon startup?: On and off, there are periods where the windows that run on startup will start where I last put them. Otherwise, they sometimes start up in a big, ugly mess in the center of my main monitor. Is there a setting to make that stop? Is there any particular reason it keeps coming...