Windows 10: Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

Discus and support Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For a long time, when I opened my laptop, I could click the mouse or hit Enter on the keyboard to get a login prompt. Now all of a sudden I have to hit... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WilliamRosenblatt, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

For a long time, when I opened my laptop, I could click the mouse or hit Enter on the keyboard to get a login prompt. Now all of a sudden I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what can be done to reset it to the way it used to be?Thanks!- Bill.

:)

WilliamRosenblatt, Apr 7, 2022

2. A disk read error ctl+alt+del no keyboard

I clicked the upgrade to windows 10 button. It installed it and restarted my computer. Now I have a screen that says a disk read error occured. Press ctl+alt+del to restart however my keyboard is not being reconized. It's an USB keyboard if that means
    anything. I've tried 2 different keyboards and nothing. PLEASE HELP!

AmandaMoritz, Apr 7, 2022
  3. John Sarc Win User
    ctl alt del

Hi Geoffrey,

To better assist you, we would like to know what exactly you are trying to do using "ctrl+alt+del" command. Are you trying to close the window?

Regards.

John Sarc, Apr 7, 2022
  4. CurtisHx Win User

Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

Ctl Alt Delete to unlock PC loops back to Ctl Alt Delete to unlock PC

It's a corporate PC and I can't disable ctl-alt-del.

SFC and DISM both ran without any errors.

CurtisHx, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

1. Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt? - Similar Threads - Why hit CTL

2. Occasional BSOD when hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional BSOD when hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del: Im slighlty concerned about an infrequent BSOD problem that has occured a few times 3 or 4 times? over past 1-2 months. It only ever happens when im playing a games and press Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to the desktop. When this does happen, the BSOD display only lasts a few seconds,...
  3. After leaving PC, screen dark, then it is dead until i do ctl-alt-del and "cancel" to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After leaving PC, screen dark, then it is dead until i do ctl-alt-del and "cancel" to get...: This is a bit weird to me, i wonder if anybody has seen it and knows why it happens or if something can be changed. My PC just started doing this somewhat recently, though i do not recall exactly when.If i leave the PC for a bit, open, screen goes dark no screen saver. When i...
  4. After leaving PC, screen dark, then it is dead until i do ctl-alt-del and "cancel" to get...

After leaving PC, screen dark, then it is dead until i do ctl-alt-del and "cancel" to get...: This is a bit weird to me, i wonder if anybody has seen it and knows why it happens or if something can be changed. My PC just started doing this somewhat recently, though i do not recall exactly when.If i leave the PC for a bit, open, screen goes dark no screen saver. When i...
  5. Can I hit ENTER instead of CTRL-ALT-DEL for my login prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I hit ENTER instead of CTRL-ALT-DEL for my login prompt?: I recently moved to a new workstation, and on this computer I have to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up my login screen. On my previous computer I only had to hit ENTER. How can I set this up?Windows 10...
  6. Can I hit ENTER instead of CTRL-ALT-DEL for my login prompt?

Can I hit ENTER instead of CTRL-ALT-DEL for my login prompt?: I recently moved to a new workstation, and on this computer I have to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up my login screen. On my previous computer I only had to hit ENTER. How can I set this up?Windows 10...
  7. Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?: For a long time, when I opened my laptop, I could click the mouse or hit Enter on the keyboard to get a login prompt. Now all of a sudden I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what can be done to reset it to the way it used to be?Thanks!-...
  8. Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?: For a long time, when I opened my laptop, I could click the mouse or hit Enter on the keyboard to get a login prompt. Now all of a sudden I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what can be done to reset it to the way it used to be?Thanks!-...
  9. task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green...: task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green leaf" UWP is suspendign processes to improve performance???...
  10. Task Manager does not launch from Ctl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager does not launch from Ctl-Alt-Del: Doing Ctl-Alt-Del brings up the blue screen with Task Manager as the last option. Clicking on it removes the blue screen but does not launch Task Manager. I can run Task Manager using Window + Run but I'd like to get my system back to running as it should. Has anybody solved...