Windows 10: Why do I have to hover over my screen to see it

Discus and support Why do I have to hover over my screen to see it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why do I have to hover my pointer over my screen on my laptop to see it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SonnyTackett, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Why do I have to hover over my screen to see it

why do I have to hover my pointer over my screen on my laptop to see it

:)

SonnyTackett, Feb 26, 2019

2. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Why do I have to hover over my screen to see it

How do I turn off hover

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Why do I have to hover over my screen to see it

1. Why do I have to hover over my screen to see it - Similar Threads - Why hover screen

2. why do I have a grey address bar as my mouse hovers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have a grey address bar as my mouse hovers: Hiya. I don't like this grey address bar taking over my lower taskbar when mouse is hovering sites. It is distracting and annoying. Is there a way of stopping it windows 11? I have tried many things, asked google. I don't know what to call the grey address bar on the lower...
  3. why do I have a grey address bar as my mouse hovers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I have a grey address bar as my mouse hovers: Hiya. I don't like this grey address bar taking over my lower taskbar when mouse is hovering sites. It is distracting and annoying. Is there a way of stopping it windows 11? I have tried many things, asked google. I don't know what to call the grey address bar on the lower...
  4. Why do I keep getting a blue screen over and over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting a blue screen over and over?: I tried going back to windows 10 because windows 11 wasn’t easy to understand. Now i’m stuck in restoring your previous versions of windows, it starts loading for around 5 minutes and I get a blue screen over and over. The blue screen shows the stop code “SYSTEM SERVICE...
  5. Why do I keep getting a blue screen over and over?

Why do I keep getting a blue screen over and over?: I tried going back to windows 10 because windows 11 wasn’t easy to understand. Now i’m stuck in restoring your previous versions of windows, it starts loading for around 5 minutes and I get a blue screen over and over. The blue screen shows the stop code “SYSTEM SERVICE...
  6. Why do I keep getting a blue screen over and over?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why Do I See This Screen Still?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Do I See This Screen Still?: Let me give you a whole run down, so I was extracting files onto a Area and clicked extract here, extracting the files to my home screen. It make my pc unusable and I searched everything up and all the supports cost money. I found a Microsoft support awnser thatight fix it...
  8. Why Do I See This Screen Still?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Do I See This Screen Still?: Let me give you a whole run down, so I was extracting files onto a Area and clicked extract here, extracting the files to my home screen. It make my pc unusable and I searched everything up and all the supports cost money. I found a Microsoft support awnser thatight fix it...
  9. Why Do I See This Screen Still?

10. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....