Windows 10: Why do I have to keep changing my pin number?

Discus and support Why do I have to keep changing my pin number? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had my new laptop for about 8 months now, and I would say that every six weeks or so, I get a message saying "your organization requires a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FabledKing, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Why do I have to keep changing my pin number?

I have had my new laptop for about 8 months now, and I would say that every six weeks or so, I get a message saying "your organization requires a new pin" and I am forced to change my pin number. this has been extremely annoying to me, as this is my personal computer and not connected to any organization, and it forces me to create a brand new pin every time. Is there any way to turn this setting off? I have tried a few suggestions I've seen from other threads, but I often come across barriers to them.Please help me!! I don't want to change my pin anymore!!

:)

FabledKing, Jun 4, 2023
  2. BrianMBC Win User

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Jun 4, 2023
  3. How to change PIN (Personal Identification Number)?

Hi Roger,

To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) >
      Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Click the Change button under PIN.
    • Enter your current PIN; then, enter and confirm the new PIN underneath.
    • Tap I forgot my PIN.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password; then, set up the
      new Pin

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Why do I have to keep changing my pin number?

Pin number

Hi Grace,

There is a possibility that the PIN file is corrupted or certain changes like recent upgrade/updates have affected the PIN's functionality. In order for us to provide the appropriate solution to your concern, we would like to ask for more details. Please
    answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the sign-in options or installed updates prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message after attempting to create a new PIN number?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Why do I have to keep changing my pin number?

1. Why do I have to keep changing my pin number? - Similar Threads - Why keep changing

2. Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?: Every two hours or so, my PC suddenly forgets that I'm signed in and gives me a "Microsoft account error" pop-up that asks me to "verify my identity." All I have to do is enter my PIN to sign in again, but being signed out constantly in the middle of working is getting...
  3. Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?: Every two hours or so, my PC suddenly forgets that I'm signed in and gives me a "Microsoft account error" pop-up that asks me to "verify my identity." All I have to do is enter my PIN to sign in again, but being signed out constantly in the middle of working is getting...
  4. Why do I have to keep changing my pin number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to keep changing my pin number?: I have had my new laptop for about 8 months now, and I would say that every six weeks or so, I get a message saying "your organization requires a new pin" and I am forced to change my pin number. this has been extremely annoying to me, as this is my personal computer and not...
  5. Why do I have to put my Pin number in everytime I go to use the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I have to put my Pin number in everytime I go to use the computer: Sign on problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-put-my-pin-number-in-everytime-i/8da67c74-6b80-4382-83f7-ed55ff8c59ad
  6. Why do I have to change my pin to log onto my laptop so often?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to change my pin to log onto my laptop so often?: Why do I have to change my pin to log onto my laptop so often? In less than 12 months I have been asked to change my pin when logging on about 6/7 times - there will come point where I don't have anything else to change it to. The message we get is, 'Your organisation...
  7. Why do I have to change my pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to change my pin?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. This is my own PC, not any organisation's. This is the 3rd time it has forced me to change my pin and it is almost every month or two. It is getting very frustrating. I saw anothether question that was the same...
  8. where do I find my pin number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where do I find my pin number: How do I find my pin number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-pin-number/be6a3cb3-63e0-4a3e-8b94-66eab60554fa
  9. Why do I have to keep updating my account?

Why do I have to keep updating my account?: I saw a similar post on this, but I do not have the option of deleting the account without having the entire school doing so. Every time I open my school account, I get this message: [IMG] My admin and I have tried new passwords, but this problem keeps happening. It...
  10. Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?

Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?: I am aware that this question has been previously asked, but it seems that this question was not fully answered. Since the password is only for logging into the computer itself, why does it appear that "my organization" required me to change my PIN number? I've only had my...