Windows 10: why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers.

Discus and support why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; why doesn't my pad work. I have to use a left click to get anything done after putting the cursor on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by richardcollier7, May 12, 2022.

1. why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers.

why doesn't my pad work. I have to use a left click to get anything done after putting the cursor on it.

:)

richardcollier7, May 12, 2022
  2. Ranjithuw Win User

DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work.

DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work. The pointer works fine.

Ranjithuw, May 12, 2022
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Finger pad won't work

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This could be due to incompatible drivers with current version on Windows.

Let's try to troubleshoot to fix the touch screen issue.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Connect the devices to the computer.
    • Press Windows + W key on the keyboard
    • Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all on left panel.
    Click Hardware and devices, new window will popup

Method 2: Update touch adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the touch drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your touch pad devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Method 3: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the touchpad drivers from your computer manufacturer for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

For Windows Search issue :

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps.

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If you still face the same issue, you can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, May 12, 2022
  4. why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers.

Touch Pad pointer is missing.

Hi Jasbir,

To help resolve your concern with your missing Touchpad pointer, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard for the Menu bar to appear.
    • Type Mouse & TouchPad Settings and hit enter.
    • Select the last tab that contains the built-in mouse pad.
    • Click Enable device.
    • Restart your computer.

If issue persists, press and hold Left Alt + Left Shift + Number Lock. You will be prompted to a small box. Use the tab key to select the
    Yes option.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, May 12, 2022
Thema:

why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers.

1. why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers. - Similar Threads - why left click

2. How do i get my touch pad to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my touch pad to work?: I have updated and reinstalled my drivers but nothing works, i can only use a wired or wireless mouse to control my cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-touch-pad-to-work/c3177980-1c75-462d-9806-fe0f2ce6eba4
  3. How do i get my touch pad to work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my touch pad to work?: I have updated and reinstalled my drivers but nothing works, i can only use a wired or wireless mouse to control my cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-touch-pad-to-work/c3177980-1c75-462d-9806-fe0f2ce6eba4
  4. why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers.: why doesn't my pad work. I have to use a left click to get anything done after putting the cursor on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-left-click-to-get-the-pointer-to/a555845a-c8ae-4d38-8cde-b474293488b6
  5. why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why do I have to left click to get the pointer to work. The pad does not work with my fingers.: why doesn't my pad work. I have to use a left click to get anything done after putting the cursor on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-left-click-to-get-the-pointer-to/a555845a-c8ae-4d38-8cde-b474293488b6
  6. Touch pad left click not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad left click not working.: When I try to play FPS games Im using wasd and left click to shoot but while i've been using wasd my left click wont work. When I don't use my keyboard my left click works. PLEASE HELP! Computer Model- HP Spectre x2 detachable 12 -c0XX...
  7. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click on mouse pad not working: Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware...
  8. Left click not working on Dell touch pad, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click not working on Dell touch pad, Windows 10: Checked settings, primary is left click, tried deleting and Installing the driver, still no luck. What can be done? submitted by /u/advaitha_ram [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hoh3wk/left_click_not_working_on_dell_touch_pad_windows/
  9. pointer does not work

pointer does not work: hi can someone please help me i have window 10 my pointer isn't working it never comes up on screen i have to touch the screen all the time when I'm on this computer. i miss my pointer .when i went to check it out it says code24.that its missing . then when i go to properties...
  10. Touch pad help. Left and right click not working

Touch pad help. Left and right click not working: Thanks, looking for a corded mouse now lol. Without the touch pad functioning it's hard to install/update the driver.