Windows 10: why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use.

Discus and support why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I go to a website, etc. I have to type in my password. I am using windows 10s. I never had this problem before when I was using another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LauraPerry-696, Oct 2, 2019.

1. why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use.

Every time I go to a website, etc. I have to type in my password. I am using windows 10s. I never had this problem before when I was using another internet provider.

:)

LauraPerry-696, Oct 2, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 2, 2019
  4. 4huskers Win User

why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use.

Website password

I have one website that Edge won't remember the username and password. As I type the username the next characters flash in the box. I went into Credential Manager and the site was listed with the correct username and password. I deleted its listing and brought the page up and logged in. Edge asked if I wanted to save the username and password; I clicked yes and went to another site, then went back and the login info wasn't there. It's back in Credential Manager.

4huskers, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use.

1. why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use. - Similar Threads - why put password

2. I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!: I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-to-put-a-password-every-time-i-sign/eb9ae915-a67c-43ed-adc4-b584835bc42b
  3. I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!: I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-to-put-a-password-every-time-i-sign/eb9ae915-a67c-43ed-adc4-b584835bc42b
  4. I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.: I understand that an application can't use the camera if it is being used by another application, but even if I haven't used the camera since the computer was turned on, it won't register in the conference application I wish to use. Therefore, I have to unplug it to get it...
  6. Why do I have to put my Pin number in everytime I go to use the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I have to put my Pin number in everytime I go to use the computer: Sign on problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-put-my-pin-number-in-everytime-i/8da67c74-6b80-4382-83f7-ed55ff8c59ad
  7. How do I start PC without putting in a password each time?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I start PC without putting in a password each time?: how do I start PC without putting in password each time it's restarted? Thanks in advance. * Original title: Password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-start-pc-without-putting-in-a-password/108c74c9-331f-47c1-9624-a27b40e11d33
  8. Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer Windows 10: Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-sign-in-every-time-i-use-the/f9e0ce26-adb6-4c4f-b825-1090e33b7d42"
  9. Why do I have to change my password each time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to change my password each time: Each time I want to open Microsoft they tell me my password is incorrect when I have just changed it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-change-my-password-each-time/ac3a5b68-978b-43d9-8ea3-94cc8380dd0a"
  10. Why do I have to sign in?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why do I have to sign in?: I followed whatever the procedure is to make it unnecessary for me to sign in, but from time to time after the sign-in process is bypassed (I see the screen start to come up but it is quickly replaced by "Welcome") the screen goes blank and then the sign-in screen comes up....