Windows 10: Why do I have to refresh my desktop now?

Discus and support Why do I have to refresh my desktop now? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems that for the past month or two I have had to refresh my desktop... What gives?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jplvr86, Sep 12, 2018.

1. jplvr86 Win User

Why do I have to refresh my desktop now?

It seems that for the past month or two I have had to refresh my desktop... What gives?

:)

jplvr86, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

3. mlh457 Win User
    No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset

I just reset/refreshed windows 10 and chose the option to keep my files. The dialog said that all my desktop applicaitons would have to be reinstalled but that a list of them would be on my desktop when the refresh completed. Now the refresh has completed
    and the list of desktop programs is not on the desktop.

mlh457, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Why do I have to refresh my desktop now?

Windows Fall Creators 1709 Update FROM Windows 10 Pro 1703 casuing desktop/taskbar to keep refreshing after upgrade?

Hi Andre:

I tried all the steps you provided. Each step completed successfully, however, the desktop and tool bar still continue to refresh. Any other suggestions?

MariaVetri, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Why do I have to refresh my desktop now?

1. Why do I have to refresh my desktop now? - Similar Threads - Why refresh desktop

2. Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.: My new asus vivobook has some problem i nearly used for 2 two months .it has problem it doesn't refresh on desktop screen which we usually do after opening my laptop....
  3. Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.: My new asus vivobook has some problem i nearly used for 2 two months .it has problem it doesn't refresh on desktop screen which we usually do after opening my laptop....
  4. Why do my jpg now have a .dcm extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my jpg now have a .dcm extension?: Why do my photos that are in the cloud have a .dcm extension? I am unable to open them without downloading a third party software. I have tried to remove the .dcm extension only to lose the photo completely. I have tried opening them online and nothing happens....
  5. Why do my jpg now have a .dcm extension?

Why do my jpg now have a .dcm extension?: Why do my photos that are in the cloud have a .dcm extension? I am unable to open them without downloading a third party software. I have tried to remove the .dcm extension only to lose the photo completely. I have tried opening them online and nothing happens....
  6. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  7. Desktop refreshing

Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  8. Desktop refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop refresh: When I delete a file from the Desktop and it goes to the Recycle Bin and I empty the Recycle Bin, the file shows back up on the desktop with 0 bytes and when I try to delete it again, it says the file can't be found and then I have to press F5 for it to go away....
  9. Why are my desktop icons refreshing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my desktop icons refreshing?: My desktop icons go from the icon to all white then back to the icon every now and then and same with my windows taskbar and icons I pinned there. Any way to fix this? My only lead is that I had adobe creative cloud before then I put it in the trash but I downloaded a newer...
  10. Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?: I know your going to say it is by default. To protect me and give more security to my computer. Why don't you let me decide what security I need, if any ? Give me the choice ! Why do you presume I am to stupid to make my own choices. ?...