Windows 10: Why do I have to restart my entire download ?

Discus and support Why do I have to restart my entire download ? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, So I've been trying to install Forza Horizon 4 75 GB big. My connection is not great, so it takes time. And it also means I can't do anything... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Axil2, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Axil2 Win User

Why do I have to restart my entire download ?

Hello,

So I've been trying to install Forza Horizon 4 75 GB big.

My connection is not great, so it takes time. And it also means I can't do anything online related when something is downloading.

I had to restart my computer because of a connection issue. So I paused the download to resume it after my computer had restarted.

HOWEVER, when I resumed it, it started the entire download again! I have been running the download for almost 20 hours, I had round 80% of it downloaded, but I have to start all over again ?! Which also means I won't be able to do anything online related in the meantime !

So there are 2 things I'd like to know.

1 Why didn't it restart from where I left it?

2 Where are the ~60GB worth of files I managed to download?! Surely Microsoft Store would automatically notice I have those files on my system and it would start from here! And for whatever reason I did not get to choose the installation directory so I don't even know where to look.

Thanks in advance for you answers.

:)

Axil2, Apr 14, 2020
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Apr 14, 2020
  3. little cat, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Terrypin Win User

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Why do I have to restart my entire download ? [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Why do I have to restart my entire download ? [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Why do I have to restart my entire download ? - Similar Threads - Why restart entire

2. Why do I have to keep restarting my full reset and drive clean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to keep restarting my full reset and drive clean?: I'm trying to fully reset my hp laptop everything goes smoothly up till it gets to 54% and then everything closes out and I have to completely restart the reset process. I try to keep the computer awake to do this should I just leave it alone? What is going on and what do I...
  3. Why do I have to keep restarting my full reset and drive clean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I have to keep restarting my full reset and drive clean?: I'm trying to fully reset my hp laptop everything goes smoothly up till it gets to 54% and then everything closes out and I have to completely restart the reset process. I try to keep the computer awake to do this should I just leave it alone? What is going on and what do I...
  4. Why do I have to keep restarting my full reset and drive clean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?: every morning when I come in I have to sign out and sign back in. My screen on the right with the CDR software I use, it is at sign in and I can sign into that system. The screen on the left I can't open anything. No Microsoft Edge, Excel etc. Any suggestions would you like...
  6. Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?

Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?: every morning when I come in I have to sign out and sign back in. My screen on the right with the CDR software I use, it is at sign in and I can sign into that system. The screen on the left I can't open anything. No Microsoft Edge, Excel etc. Any suggestions would you like...
  7. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?: So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many...
  8. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?: So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many...
  9. Why is this in my downloads and what do i do???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is this in my downloads and what do i do???: So for some reason there is a file called Microsoft Win32 Registry dll and some Xceed dll file in my downloads, i dont know if to delete them or call dell so can someone help me....
  10. How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder: I did the recent update of windows 10 and now I can't see the entire contents of my download folder. I have a lot of stuff that I really want to be able to access. Any help would be awesome 138391