Windows 10: Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

Discus and support Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CallMeRain, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many times. To try again, restart your device."Like, don't you understand? I have important work that isn't saved! And now it's telling me to restart. I can't even save the work I did. This is absolutely pathetic. Could y'all provide a fix to this? I don't want to lose my work

:)

CallMeRain, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN? 237056d1560442866t-cant-enter-pin-headset-explorer_ducz8l2t15.png

Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN? 237058d1560442899t-cant-enter-pin-headset-explorer_1a0y7opgx5.png

Kupuna, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I will try waiting several days as you did. When steps are suggested they aren't understanding that there are no choice...the screen just says you have entered the wrong pin too many times....that's all. Then restart your computer. No other choices are
    on the screen.

GeorgiaBailey, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

Entered wrong PIN code

I am new to the PC and Windows world.

I bought a new program and it downloaded but I can not install it because i entered the wrong PIN code too many times when I tried to open it. Tried to restart after following the steps for PIN code change. Same message again, enter PIN code.

Hope someone in this community can help me.................

Many thanks!

DB6

DB6Vantage, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

1. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN? - Similar Threads - Why restart enter

2. Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?: every morning when I come in I have to sign out and sign back in. My screen on the right with the CDR software I use, it is at sign in and I can sign into that system. The screen on the left I can't open anything. No Microsoft Edge, Excel etc. Any suggestions would you like...
  3. Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?: every morning when I come in I have to sign out and sign back in. My screen on the right with the CDR software I use, it is at sign in and I can sign into that system. The screen on the left I can't open anything. No Microsoft Edge, Excel etc. Any suggestions would you like...
  4. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?: So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many...
  5. Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?: Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-enter-my-accounts-password/ccd26f7b-eab1-4d79-af53-f57ca5ca1e2e
  6. Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?: Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-enter-my-accounts-password/ccd26f7b-eab1-4d79-af53-f57ca5ca1e2e
  7. Why do I have to enter my account's password whenever I open my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?: So Im currently having an issue with my computer regarding a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, and im trying to get into backup/restore my drive. The problem is that I never setup a password but instead PIN. How do I fix this?...
  9. Why do I have to change my pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to change my pin?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. This is my own PC, not any organisation's. This is the 3rd time it has forced me to change my pin and it is almost every month or two. It is getting very frustrating. I saw anothether question that was the same...
  10. Why do I have to restart my entire download ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why do I have to restart my entire download ?: Hello, So I've been trying to install Forza Horizon 4 75 GB big. My connection is not great, so it takes time. And it also means I can't do anything online related when something is downloading. I had to restart my computer because of a connection issue. So I paused the...