Windows 10: why do I have to run everything as an administrator on my windows10 pc?

Discus and support why do I have to run everything as an administrator on my windows10 pc? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I open certain apps on my pc, it shows an error message that says "the file directory is corrupted and unreadable." I always have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Afzlen, May 14, 2020.

1. Afzlen Win User

why do I have to run everything as an administrator on my windows10 pc?

Everytime I open certain apps on my pc, it shows an error message that says "the file directory is corrupted and unreadable." I always have to right-click and run as administrator to access it. These are just sample images for google chrome and snipping tool. Hope someone can help me. why do I have to run everything as an administrator on my windows10 pc? 8e159713-853b-4b76-928e-0c7e1ab820de?upload=true.png why do I have to run everything as an administrator on my windows10 pc? 71527f39-36e2-4601-91da-b923f98db4a5?upload=true.png

:)

Afzlen, May 14, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 14, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

4. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. why do I have to run everything as an administrator on my windows10 pc? - Similar Threads - why run everything

2. Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?: I have a Windows 10 and tell me why is this window working very slowly. i am very worried about it because I am doing a lot of work in digital marketing and I am facing lots of problems....
  3. Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?: I have a Windows 10 and tell me why is this window working very slowly. i am very worried about it because I am doing a lot of work in digital marketing and I am facing lots of problems....
  4. Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do I have multiple administrators?

Why do I have multiple administrators?: I have multiple administrators and no idea how they giw there. They also have administrative over me? Somebody please let me know what you think this is...
  6. Why do I have multiple administrators?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I have multiple administrators?: I have multiple administrators and no idea how they giw there. They also have administrative over me? Somebody please let me know what you think this is...
  7. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  8. Everything runs as Administrator

Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  9. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why do I need Run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I need Run as administrator?: Hi, Even if we signed in with administrator account, mostly we use Run as administrator. Why do I need Run as administrator? Regards InTechSys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-run-as-administrator/abe2c534-5986-44b7-aba1-c0e0f8bf4c6a