Windows 10: Why do I have to set up an email address for my child?

Discus and support Why do I have to set up an email address for my child? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; She is too young to have a separate email and it defeats the purpose of parental control... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sharon350, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Sharon350 Win User

Why do I have to set up an email address for my child?

She is too young to have a separate email and it defeats the purpose of parental control

:)

Sharon350, Apr 20, 2019

2. My child is getting usage reports sent to his email address

My son gets emailed the weekly usage report rather than me as a parent. I can't find where to set the email address for the child's usage report. Any suggestions?

Oliver Robinson, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Child activity reporting

Hello,

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Screen Time setting not working for my child

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Why do I have to set up an email address for my child? - Similar Threads - Why set email

2. How do I set up a PIN for my child's account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I set up a PIN for my child's account?: How do I set up a PIN for my child's account?I am trying to set up and download games for my child but it's and it's asking for a PIN. I tried using mine, but it doesn't work. How do I set up the PIN for her account?Thank you....
  3. How do I set up a PIN for my child's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up a PIN for my child's account?: How do I set up a PIN for my child's account?I am trying to set up and download games for my child but it's and it's asking for a PIN. I tried using mine, but it doesn't work. How do I set up the PIN for her account?Thank you....
  4. How do I set up a PIN for my child's account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have changed my email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have changed my email address.: I have changed my email address and the old email account has now been closed, so when MS tries to contact me they can't get through. But when I try to change the email on my MS account, I am told that my new email has already been taken. Shouild I be worried, and what should...
  6. I have changed my email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have changed my email address.: I have changed my email address and the old email account has now been closed, so when MS tries to contact me they can't get through. But when I try to change the email on my MS account, I am told that my new email has already been taken. Shouild I be worried, and what should...
  7. I have changed my email address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.: Microsoft is always trying to use an old email address that I do not use anymore. How can I erase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-two-email-addresses-i-do-use-only/e8608d2d-9541-4694-b38e-e75cde3d9485
  9. I already have email addresses, but how do I now set up an email account for my wife?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I already have email addresses, but how do I now set up an email account for my wife?: I already have email addresses, but how do I now set up an email account for my wife? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-already-have-email-addresses-but-how-do-i-now/2edf407f-e3b8-44a4-bb61-bf627ad694a4
  10. How do I change the my email address on Windows fax and scan? I have a new email address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the my email address on Windows fax and scan? I have a new email address: How do I change the my email address on Windows fax and scan? I have a new email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-my-email-address-on-windows/e4a25180-0c61-49bd-9c2f-54b1b00d314a