Windows 10: Why do I have to setup OneDrive?

Discus and support Why do I have to setup OneDrive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why do i need to setup OneDrive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by plm1225, Dec 7, 2018.

1. plm1225 Win User

Why do I have to setup OneDrive?

why do i need to setup OneDrive?

:)

plm1225, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Microsoft OneDrive Stuck at OOBE During Windows 10 Setup

Hi,

An incomplete installation or corrupted setup file may be the possible reason why you're unable to install OneDrive during Windows 10 setup. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you trying to install OneDrive after Windows 10 Creators Update?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Why do I have to setup OneDrive? - Similar Threads - Why setup OneDrive

2. Why do i keep seeing this in windows 10 setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i keep seeing this in windows 10 setup?: Hello.I am currently running Windows 11 but I need to revert to Windows 10. After installing the ISO for Windows 10, I attempted to open the setup and noticed that a command prompt window appeared briefly, displaying the message "get 11 on 'unsupported' PC," and then closed...
  3. Why do i keep seeing this in windows 10 setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i keep seeing this in windows 10 setup?: Hello.I am currently running Windows 11 but I need to revert to Windows 10. After installing the ISO for Windows 10, I attempted to open the setup and noticed that a command prompt window appeared briefly, displaying the message "get 11 on 'unsupported' PC," and then closed...
  4. why do i have this C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Desktop\New folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i have this C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Desktop\New folder: i have disassociated app with my pc as is a virus and has done more damage to my filing system than any virus has. all my 3ds max files loaded up are corrupted everything i do is corrupted by this application, that stops me from choosing files and just selects them all and...
  5. why do i have this C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Desktop\New folder

why do i have this C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Desktop\New folder: i have disassociated app with my pc as is a virus and has done more damage to my filing system than any virus has. all my 3ds max files loaded up are corrupted everything i do is corrupted by this application, that stops me from choosing files and just selects them all and...
  6. Why do I have this error?...

Why do I have this error?...: Hello, When I try to drag & drop emails from Outlook to another application here is the error I get: Microsoft.Explorer.Notification.{DC16CC3E-713B-EA9F-4CB7-101B23378F3C} [ATTACH] Could you please assist? Thank you....
  7. Why do I HAVE to have iDM

Why do I HAVE to have iDM: I have a Lenovo Ideapad that is not in Smode, and every time I click on a hyperlink for Uni articles, it insists I download the app iDM, when I do the hyperlink downloads but into HTML format which is useless to me. I uninstalled iDM to check if that would work, and no it...
  8. OneDrive setup for backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive setup for backups: On Win10, I just configured OneDrive for the first time. It was set up to backup my Desktop, Document and Pictures and to sync them all. What I understood from the instructions is that this means the files will remain on the local PC and be backed up in the cloud. What...
  9. Forcing setup of OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forcing setup of OneDrive?: I was trying to clear the yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon. This led to web searches. This led to the proposition that within Ransomware settings that OneDrive setup could be DISMISSED. Well, it can't be dismissed. There is no option for that. My...
  10. Why do I have to sign in?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why do I have to sign in?: I followed whatever the procedure is to make it unnecessary for me to sign in, but from time to time after the sign-in process is bypassed (I see the screen start to come up but it is quickly replaced by "Welcome") the screen goes blank and then the sign-in screen comes up....