Windows 10: Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?

Discus and support Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I know your going to say it is by default. To protect me and give more security to my computer. Why don't you let me decide what security I need, if... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by remington1#, May 18, 2020.

1. Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?

I know your going to say it is by default. To protect me and give more security to my computer.

Why don't you let me decide what security I need, if any ?

Give me the choice !

Why do you presume I am to stupid to make my own choices. ?

:)

remington1#, May 18, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 18, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 18, 2020
  4. PMares57 Win User

Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?

Windows 10 Desktop slideshow time

Thank you for your reply. I already tried the solution you suggested before I wrote my question because after I changed the decimal values as suggested and closed the "regedit", the values returned to the original. I tried to change the values several times,
    each time closing "regedit" and restarting the computer, but the values always changed back to the originals. I am wondering if there is a step in the process that I am missing. The instructions say to "sign out" and "sign back in" but do not say from what
    I am supposed to sign out and sign back in. Restarting the computer does not solve the problem. Any further advise is greatly appreciated.

PMares57, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?

1. Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ? - Similar Threads - Why sign every

2. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  3. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  4. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?: Updated to windows 11 a couple weeks ago and every single time I start my computer, I have to do the network reset process to connect to the internet. I never had a single issue with internet before the update. No, it is not my router. I am getting really frustrated as I am a...
  5. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?: Updated to windows 11 a couple weeks ago and every single time I start my computer, I have to do the network reset process to connect to the internet. I never had a single issue with internet before the update. No, it is not my router. I am getting really frustrated as I am a...
  6. why do I get this red window every time I sign on.

in Windows 10 Support
    why do I get this red window every time I sign on.: I have windows 10 "Check the Windows Store for more info about Xbox Game Bar." I have the option to close the window however it does not stop it from returning every time I sign on. I have deleted everything I have found on my computer regarding Xbox. I do not play Xbox....
  7. Why do I have to sign-in every time my pc goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have to sign-in every time my pc goes to sleep?: Hi, Is there no way to skip the sign-in screen I see every time I log into W10 or my pc goes to sleep? (first I have to press the background and then press sign-in, annoying!) I saw a lot of guides online but none helped. Note that I don't have a password, so it is even...
  8. Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer Windows 10: Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-sign-in-every-time-i-use-the/f9e0ce26-adb6-4c4f-b825-1090e33b7d42"
  9. Why do i have to fix my computer every time i get updates !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do i have to fix my computer every time i get updates !: This is getting old, real fast. again after the new update to windows 10 my computer looses the drivers for the usb ports and other settings I have done, along with new glitches. what I want to know is there a troubleshooter that can scan everything and just fix the problems...
  10. Suddenly have to Sign In Every Time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Suddenly have to Sign In Every Time: When I switched from 8.0/8.1, one of the things that thrilled me the about 10 was that I didn't have to sign back in every time the computer sent to sleep! Now, after the last update, I have to do this again. What a major PITA! Is there any way to disable this? I have...