Windows 10: why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?

Discus and support why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since Microsoft required me to use a PIN instead of my password, my laptop endlessly shuts down after a short period of inactivity and requires me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidDinunno, Mar 3, 2019.

1. why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?

Ever since Microsoft required me to use a PIN instead of my password, my laptop endlessly shuts down after a short period of inactivity and requires me to start it up AGAIN and sign in AGAIN to resume whatever I was doing online... How can I fix this endless waste of my time???

:)

DavidDinunno, Mar 3, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 3, 2019
  4. why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?

Since recent update KB3200970 I cannot use nor setup a PIN to sign in and MS Office2016 disappeared

Thank you for the update. We suggest for you to reset the login PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start Menu and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Click on I Forget the PIN and follow the on screen instructions.

Update us with the result.

PreciousLeb, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?

1. why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN? - Similar Threads - why sign repeatedly

2. Using PIN for sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using PIN for sign-in.: Windows routinely asks for password; however, I can switch it to using my PIN to sign in; however, that's annoying and time consuming. Question: How do I set up the PIN sign-in as the default option?...
  3. Using PIN for sign-in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using PIN for sign-in.: Windows routinely asks for password; however, I can switch it to using my PIN to sign in; however, that's annoying and time consuming. Question: How do I set up the PIN sign-in as the default option?...
  4. Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin: Keep asking for pin to sign in . Never set up a pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-asking-for-pin-to-sign-in-do-not-have-a-pin/3de25a33-230e-4f24-9f32-115c92190345
  5. Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin

Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin: Keep asking for pin to sign in . Never set up a pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-asking-for-pin-to-sign-in-do-not-have-a-pin/3de25a33-230e-4f24-9f32-115c92190345
  6. Why do I have to sign into Windows Hello when using minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to sign into Windows Hello when using minecraft?: I'm trying to play Minecraft with my account that does have java edition, but when I do that it requires me to sign in with windows hello. Any fixes?...
  7. Why do I have to sign into Windows Hello when using minecraft?

Why do I have to sign into Windows Hello when using minecraft?: I'm trying to play Minecraft with my account that does have java edition, but when I do that it requires me to sign in with windows hello. Any fixes?...
  8. Why do I have to change my pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to change my pin?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. This is my own PC, not any organisation's. This is the 3rd time it has forced me to change my pin and it is almost every month or two. It is getting very frustrating. I saw anothether question that was the same...
  9. Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?: I want to sign in to my Microsoft account, however no matter what I do, I basically have to set up Windows Hello. I don't want to set up Windows Hello. When I press "I'll set up my account later", it just kicks me out of the sign in page and I have to repeat the process all...
  10. Why do I have to sign in?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why do I have to sign in?: I followed whatever the procedure is to make it unnecessary for me to sign in, but from time to time after the sign-in process is bypassed (I see the screen start to come up but it is quickly replaced by "Welcome") the screen goes blank and then the sign-in screen comes up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do have to use a pin # to sing in