Windows 10: Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer

Discus and support Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft to be able to use my computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonyaWhitt, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer

Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft to be able to use my computer

:)

TonyaWhitt, Jul 21, 2021

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer

App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer

1. Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer - Similar Threads - Why sign Microsoft

2. why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?: I own my computer, why to I have to sign into microsoft just to use my on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-into-microsfot-to-use-my/8c57d543-59e3-49b4-ac60-7d8901b46757
  3. why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?: I own my computer, why to I have to sign into microsoft just to use my on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-into-microsfot-to-use-my/8c57d543-59e3-49b4-ac60-7d8901b46757
  4. why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365: why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-sign-in-twice-in-microsoft-365/abca64b7-800e-42b2-aad4-9e2905a1b49a
  6. Why Do I Have To Use Keyboard shortcuts in Explorer before I can just Use The Mouse to do...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Do I Have To Use Keyboard shortcuts in Explorer before I can just Use The Mouse to do...: Hello: Why Do I Have To Use Keyboard shortcuts in Explorer every time before I can just Use The Mouse to do cut & paste? Once I use Ctrl-X Ctrl-V cut & paste with the mouse works fine. Very aggravating. Never had a laptop before that I had to use keyboard shortcuts first....
  7. Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?: I want to sign in to my Microsoft account, however no matter what I do, I basically have to set up Windows Hello. I don't want to set up Windows Hello. When I press "I'll set up my account later", it just kicks me out of the sign in page and I have to repeat the process all...
  8. Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer Windows 10: Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-sign-in-every-time-i-use-the/f9e0ce26-adb6-4c4f-b825-1090e33b7d42"
  9. Why do I have to sign in?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why do I have to sign in?: I followed whatever the procedure is to make it unnecessary for me to sign in, but from time to time after the sign-in process is bypassed (I see the screen start to come up but it is quickly replaced by "Welcome") the screen goes blank and then the sign-in screen comes up....
  10. why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?: Ever since Microsoft required me to use a PIN instead of my password, my laptop endlessly shuts down after a short period of inactivity and requires me to start it up AGAIN and sign in AGAIN to resume whatever I was doing online... How can I fix this endless waste of my...