Windows 10: Why do I have to sign in?

Discus and support Why do I have to sign in? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I followed whatever the procedure is to make it unnecessary for me to sign in, but from time to time after the sign-in process is bypassed (I see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KramdenAntiVirus, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Why do I have to sign in?

I followed whatever the procedure is to make it unnecessary for me to sign in, but from time to time after the sign-in process is bypassed (I see the screen start to come up but it is quickly replaced by "Welcome") the screen goes blank and then the sign-in screen comes up. This also happens if I pressed the sleep button rather than the off button.

:)

KramdenAntiVirus, Mar 12, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Why do I have to sign in?

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Why do I have to sign in?

1. Why do I have to sign in? - Similar Threads - Why sign

2. Why do i see a different ip address on my recent activity and attempts to sign in from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do i see a different ip address on my recent activity and attempts to sign in from...: I recently checked my account recent activities and i noticed that from time to time, even when i haven't turn on my pc or logged in to my account at all there's these failed sign-in attempts (have been successful sign-ins since i changed my password two days ago) But the...
  3. Why do I have to sign into an Xbox "console" I don't have, and all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I have to sign into an Xbox "console" I don't have, and all of a sudden?: I don't have an Xbox and I don't want one, but all the help I see is related to Xbox "console" and I only want to continue playing MS solitaire. I can't sign in to Xbox Live (whatever the heck that's supposed to be) all of a sudden, and there's a complicated and dubious...
  4. Why I can't sign in to Games for Windows in PC in GTA IV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't sign in to Games for Windows in PC in GTA IV: Good evening, In the last 2 days when I'd like to play with GTA IV on Steam, I cannot login to Games for Windows, because I getveindoe with this message: This profile could not be signed in to LIVE. there may be abnetwork problem or the Windows Live ID service may not be...
  5. Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture?

Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture?: I have changed my lock screen photo to a particular image of choice and turned ON "Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen". While my selected image will appear each time I wake up my laptop throughout the day, another image (the one I don't want) keeps appearing on...
  6. Why can't I sign in to Microsoft Solitaire Collection with my Microsoft Account?

Why can't I sign in to Microsoft Solitaire Collection with my Microsoft Account?: When I sign in to Microsoft Solitaire Collection, the following open in a pop-up window: You’re signed in to this game on another device. What would you like to do? This will sign you out of the other device. When I select Sign in here, the Main Menu opens as usual and I...
  7. why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?: Ever since Microsoft required me to use a PIN instead of my password, my laptop endlessly shuts down after a short period of inactivity and requires me to start it up AGAIN and sign in AGAIN to resume whatever I was doing online... How can I fix this endless waste of my...
  8. Why can't I sign in to my microsoft account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why can't I sign in to my microsoft account?: I keep having trouble signing in to my microsoft account. I keep getting a note that there is a problem with my microsoft account and to fix it I need to sign in, I get past the first hurdle, then when I am told I need to use my email address to sign in and when I type in my...
  9. Why does it want me to sign into XBox for Windows 10 games? I don't have an X-Box and no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does it want me to sign into XBox for Windows 10 games? I don't have an X-Box and no...: Why does Windows 10 games want me to sign into XBox? I've never had XBox and only have a sign-in for the Windows 10 games. It's been working fine for several months until today.'b...
  10. Question: Why is there a limit of three phone numbers I can have on my account to sign into...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question: Why is there a limit of three phone numbers I can have on my account to sign into...: Right now, I have three phone numbers, all on my personal Microsoft account, my iPhone 6s Plus, my Google Voice, and my TalkU account. I want to add a fourth one so I can be sure I don't get locked out of my account if anything were to happen to those three phone numbers,...