Windows 10: Why do I have to type the first initial of someone in People twice?

Discus and support Why do I have to type the first initial of someone in People twice? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10 mail why to I have to type the first initial of someone in Peolple twice then backspace for name to come up? [Original subject:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamEndress, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Why do I have to type the first initial of someone in People twice?

In Windows 10 mail why to I have to type the first initial of someone in Peolple twice then backspace for name to come up?

[Original subject: Windows 10 Mail]

:)

WilliamEndress, Mar 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Login twice every time

Hello,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are being asked to sign in twice on your computer. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest creating a new user account and see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this,
    simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 19, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Why do I have to type the first initial of someone in People twice?

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Why do I have to type the first initial of someone in People twice?

1. Why do I have to type the first initial of someone in People twice? - Similar Threads - Why type initial

2. why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365: why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-sign-in-twice-in-microsoft-365/abca64b7-800e-42b2-aad4-9e2905a1b49a
  3. why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365: why do i have to sign in twice in microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-sign-in-twice-in-microsoft-365/abca64b7-800e-42b2-aad4-9e2905a1b49a
  4. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have to click twice to highlight?: Not too long ago, when writing in Word 2021, I could highlight a word or sentence THEN click to copy it.Seems now I have to click first at the beginning of the highlight and then again at the end of the highlight - otherwise if I move the cursor away from the area I will lose...
  5. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

why do I have to click twice to highlight?: Not too long ago, when writing in Word 2021, I could highlight a word or sentence THEN click to copy it.Seems now I have to click first at the beginning of the highlight and then again at the end of the highlight - otherwise if I move the cursor away from the area I will lose...
  6. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?: Obvious enough question but every time I power on a laptop/ PC following this update I need to log in twice. On the 1st occasion of entering the correct credentials the screen flickers and brings me back to the same log in screen. This isn't an issue specific to one device, I...
  8. Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?: Obvious enough question but every time I power on a laptop/ PC following this update I need to log in twice. On the 1st occasion of entering the correct credentials the screen flickers and brings me back to the same log in screen. This isn't an issue specific to one device, I...
  9. Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?

10. Why do I have to press Sticky Notes twice to open it?

Why do I have to press Sticky Notes twice to open it?: I press Sticky Notes and the pin opens up on the taskbar but when I press the pin, nothing shows up. I then have to close it out and open Sticky Notes again and THEN it shows. Not a big deal to do but I want to know why it won't just open on first click. EVERY Windows 10...