Windows 10: Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?

Discus and support Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I want to sign in to my Microsoft account, however no matter what I do, I basically have to set up Windows Hello. I don't want to set up Windows Hello.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cholo Lyfe, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?

I want to sign in to my Microsoft account, however no matter what I do, I basically have to set up Windows Hello. I don't want to set up Windows Hello. When I press "I'll set up my account later", it just kicks me out of the sign in page and I have to repeat the process all over again. Can I sign in without setting up Windows Hello?

:)

Cholo Lyfe, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account? :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Apr 8, 2020
  3. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?

Face sign in is missing in windows hello

Hi Suvajit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to change the Sign In option and check if it helps.

To change Sign In option, follow the below steps.

• Type Setting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Select Sign In option on the left panel.

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?

1. Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account? - Similar Threads - Why Hello sign

2. Why do I have to sign into Windows Hello when using minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to sign into Windows Hello when using minecraft?: I'm trying to play Minecraft with my account that does have java edition, but when I do that it requires me to sign in with windows hello. Any fixes?...
  3. Why do I have to sign into Windows Hello when using minecraft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to sign into Windows Hello when using minecraft?: I'm trying to play Minecraft with my account that does have java edition, but when I do that it requires me to sign in with windows hello. Any fixes?...
  4. I can't sign in using Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't sign in using Windows Hello: Whenever I try signing into my laptop, I don't get the option to sign in with my fingerprint scanner. In settings, all of the Windows Hello sign-in options say, "Something Went Wrong". I have already tried: Disabling and enabling the fingerprint scanner driverUninstalling the...
  5. Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft before I can even use my computer: Why do I have to sign in to Microsoft to be able to use my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-before-i-can/b74e6217-2a31-48e4-88de-13b95930f750
  6. Why do I have two Microsoft account sign-in options for applications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I have two Microsoft account sign-in options for applications?: A while ago when trying to fix a problem with my Windows Hello PIN not working when signed into my Microsoft account this problem is still unresolved, I discovered this: Whenever I wanted to sign into something on Windows using my Microsoft account, such as the Xbox app or...
  7. Sign-in using windows hello.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in using windows hello.: I cannot select windows hello sign-in options. How can I fix that? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-using-windows-hello/dc1a4f89-5fa4-4416-9b43-04af4880b3db
  8. Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer Windows 10: Why do I have to sign in every time I use the computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-sign-in-every-time-i-use-the/f9e0ce26-adb6-4c4f-b825-1090e33b7d42"
  9. Why do I have to sign in?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why do I have to sign in?: I followed whatever the procedure is to make it unnecessary for me to sign in, but from time to time after the sign-in process is bypassed (I see the screen start to come up but it is quickly replaced by "Welcome") the screen goes blank and then the sign-in screen comes up....
  10. why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do I have to sign in repeatedly using PIN?: Ever since Microsoft required me to use a PIN instead of my password, my laptop endlessly shuts down after a short period of inactivity and requires me to start it up AGAIN and sign in AGAIN to resume whatever I was doing online... How can I fix this endless waste of my...