Windows 10: why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.

Discus and support why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft is always trying to use an old email address that I do not use anymore. How can I erase it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by corinnecyr, Mar 10, 2021.

1. why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.

Microsoft is always trying to use an old email address that I do not use anymore. How can I erase it?

:)

corinnecyr, Mar 10, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

4. why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.

Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing in Mail app while adding the email address.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail and Calendar app installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen for all the emails?
    • Do you see the unknown email address when typing in the "To" filed or does it add automatically while you send?

The suggestions of email address can be from the emails that you may have received or sent. You may want to search the mailbox if emails from this address exists.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the
      Mail and Calendar app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.

1. why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one. - Similar Threads - why email addresses

2. Why do I have two users in Users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  3. Why do I have two users in Users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  4. Why do I have only one drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have only one drive?: I recently bought a new laptop. I also have an old laptop.The new laptop only has this drive:Local Disc C While my old laptop has these drives:Local Disc CRecovery DDrive FWhy do I have so many drives on my old laptop?And what does each Drive mean? I don’t know what any of...
  5. Why do I have only one drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have only one drive?: I recently bought a new laptop. I also have an old laptop.The new laptop only has this drive:Local Disc C While my old laptop has these drives:Local Disc CRecovery DDrive FWhy do I have so many drives on my old laptop?And what does each Drive mean? I don’t know what any of...
  6. Why do I have two Documents folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have two Documents folders?: I had, as my base documents folder, a local hard drive called D:\Documents. I do not want to use OneDrive.When reformatting my hard drive and doing a clean Windows install, d:\docs is still intact the D: drive was never touched. However now Windows insists that my documents...
  7. Why do I have two recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I have two recovery partitions?: I check out my partitioning scheme and I see something odd: Code: DISKPART> list partition Partition ### Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition 1 Recovery 499 MB 1024 KB Partition 2 System 100 MB 500 MB Partition 3 Reserved 16 MB 600 MB...
  8. Why Do I Have Two CredentialEnrollmentManagerUserSvc in Services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Do I Have Two CredentialEnrollmentManagerUserSvc in Services: In my Windows 10 Home, Task Manager there are Credential Enrollment Manager User Svc and another one right below this Credential Enrollment Manager User Svc_35c984c. I wanted to know why there was a number attached to one of them. The Edge had no information for me....
  9. Why do I have to set up an email address for my child?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to set up an email address for my child?: She is too young to have a separate email and it defeats the purpose of parental control https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-set-up-an-email-address-for-my/2e303072-2bdf-4b4f-ae20-c97f19c3fc91"
  10. how do I underscore one letter in an email address?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I underscore one letter in an email address?: I have been trying to underscore the first letter in a sky email address but without success. I have Gmail and Windows mail and have tried in both of these accounts and failed. I have done the type letter then hold down shift key but then the underscore comes in next to the...