Windows 10: Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

Discus and support Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When this happened on my Android phone someone Flashed my OS.I not familiar with windows but seeing the app two time and just a wildcard being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suvadip Podder, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

When this happened on my Android phone someone Flashed my OS.I not familiar with windows but seeing the app two time and just a wildcard being different is my question

:)

Suvadip Podder, Jan 18, 2022

2. Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Unable to Save Favorites in Maps app

Hi Ali,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

Computer

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your computer?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

At first you have to sign in using a Microsoft account, if you have not logged the saved favorite’s will be not be visible next time when you open Map app.Also make sure Date, Time and Region are
    set correctly.

Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

If you are still unable to save favorites on your computer follow the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Update Windows Store Apps and games.

Checking for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store

Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store

Mobile

Provide the information below to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your mobile?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Make sure Date, Time and Region are set correctly, try to restart your phone and check if will be able to Save the Favorite location.
    • Also check if there are any update available for this from Store>Menu>Downloads and updates>Check for updates.
    Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Jan 18, 2022
  4. fatpat Win User

Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

1. Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer? - Similar Threads - Why Map Apps

2. Why do I have two users in Users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  3. Why do I have two networks running on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two networks running on my computer?: I see two networks name in Settings and Resource Monitor. Why are there two networks and how can I find all about the Network 3, where is it located on my computer. All I can about it.I have some networking issues going on that this maybe related too.Thank you,vickyl71...
  4. Why do I have two networks running on my computer?

Why do I have two networks running on my computer?: I see two networks name in Settings and Resource Monitor. Why are there two networks and how can I find all about the Network 3, where is it located on my computer. All I can about it.I have some networking issues going on that this maybe related too.Thank you,vickyl71...
  5. Why do I have two networks running on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?: When this happened on my Android phone someone Flashed my OS.I not familiar with windows but seeing the app two time and just a wildcard being different is my question...
  7. Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?: When this happened on my Android phone someone Flashed my OS.I not familiar with windows but seeing the app two time and just a wildcard being different is my question...
  8. Why not my Pakistan map on map app

Why not my Pakistan map on map app: can Microsoft make it clear that why Pakistan map is not included in offline maps, is it not a discrimination* Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-not-my-pakistan-map-on-map-app/9053ac42-eaf1-4ca4-a050-14745a9f39b6
  9. why do I have two cursors on my screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why do I have two cursors on my screen?: when ever I leave on my laptop for a long time it shows a second cursor on my screen why does this happen? and the only way that I can fix it is to shut off my laptop then turn it back on. submitted by /u/Magical_CHEETO [link] [comments]...
  10. Why do I have two Maps apps is on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have two Maps apps is on my laptop?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/4_Eagle_in_Flight [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvlzm0/why_do_i_have_two_maps_apps_is_on_my_laptop/