Windows 10: Why do I have two networks running on my computer?

Discus and support Why do I have two networks running on my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see two networks name in Settings and Resource Monitor. Why are there two networks and how can I find all about the Network 3, where is it located on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vickyl71, May 3, 2022.

1. vickyl71 Win User

Why do I have two networks running on my computer?

I see two networks name in Settings and Resource Monitor. Why are there two networks and how can I find all about the Network 3, where is it located on my computer. All I can about it.I have some networking issues going on that this maybe related too.Thank you,vickyl71

:)

vickyl71, May 3, 2022

2. Windows wireless service is not running on this computer?

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. It must be unfortunate that you are still facing the same issue. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Network Adapter.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Update driver manually.

I suggest you to update the Network Adapter from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Extend Network adapters driver from the list.

• Right click on the Network driver and click on
      Update driver Software
    Check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 3, 2022
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 3, 2022
  4. MisterEd Win User

Computers Vanished From File Explorer But Network Still Works

I agree with @Try3. I have tried every suggested method to fix Windows networking suggested on these forums. All at best only worked for a short time. The only things that helped was:
    1. Batch file I suggested in an earlier post
    2. Creating shortcuts to computers on my home network
    Note these two things are not fixes but workaround. However, at least they help and have never failed.

I have shortcuts set up for eight computers on my home network. I have created a folder on my desktop called My Network to hold the shortcuts. They have a mix of the following operating systems:
    • Windows 10 - 4
    • Windows 7 - 3
    • Windows XP - 1

Why do I have two networks running on my computer? [​IMG]

MisterEd, May 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Why do I have two networks running on my computer? - Similar Threads - Why networks running

2. Why do I have two networks running on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two networks running on my computer?: I see two networks name in Settings and Resource Monitor. Why are there two networks and how can I find all about the Network 3, where is it located on my computer. All I can about it.I have some networking issues going on that this maybe related too.Thank you,vickyl71...
  3. Why do I have two networks running on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have two networks running on my computer?: I see two networks name in Settings and Resource Monitor. Why are there two networks and how can I find all about the Network 3, where is it located on my computer. All I can about it.I have some networking issues going on that this maybe related too.Thank you,vickyl71...
  4. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?: Updated to windows 11 a couple weeks ago and every single time I start my computer, I have to do the network reset process to connect to the internet. I never had a single issue with internet before the update. No, it is not my router. I am getting really frustrated as I am a...
  5. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?: Updated to windows 11 a couple weeks ago and every single time I start my computer, I have to do the network reset process to connect to the internet. I never had a single issue with internet before the update. No, it is not my router. I am getting really frustrated as I am a...
  6. Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?: When this happened on my Android phone someone Flashed my OS.I not familiar with windows but seeing the app two time and just a wildcard being different is my question...
  7. Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?: When this happened on my Android phone someone Flashed my OS.I not familiar with windows but seeing the app two time and just a wildcard being different is my question...
  8. Why do I have two Map Apps on my Computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Why Do I Have Two Networks Showing In Resource Monitor

Why Do I Have Two Networks Showing In Resource Monitor: I would like to know why I'm hardwired connected and there is little activity on this Ethernet,yet most of the activity is in on the Network. Since, I am looking for a hidden user/hacker I'm wondering if this is them. I already have there volume numbers of there disk but I'm...
  10. why do I have two cursors on my screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why do I have two cursors on my screen?: when ever I leave on my laptop for a long time it shows a second cursor on my screen why does this happen? and the only way that I can fix it is to shut off my laptop then turn it back on. submitted by /u/Magical_CHEETO [link] [comments]...