Windows 10: why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone.

Discus and support why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; can someone help? submitted by /u/rozinpara [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rozinpara, Feb 20, 2020.

1. why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone.

/u/rozinpara, Feb 20, 2020
  2. ElpenorG Win User

Camera and microphone

I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record.

I did the settings/privacy/microphone suggestion to no avail. I tried to get Cortana to turn on the mic but she cannot hear me. I did the steps to turn her on but she still can't hear me. Suggestions? thanks

ElpenorG, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Unable to hear other players microphones

I dont have a microphone plugged in

LessWharf5828, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone.

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone. 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone.

1. why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone. - Similar Threads - why hear myself

2. How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?: when my mic is accessed i always hear myself. can anyone help please?***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-hearing-myself-when-my-microphone-is/9c54c7a8-9cc8-4d39-a131-856517bcafd9
  3. How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?: when my mic is accessed i always hear myself. can anyone help please?***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-hearing-myself-when-my-microphone-is/9c54c7a8-9cc8-4d39-a131-856517bcafd9
  4. Why is my microphone only playing the audio I am hearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my microphone only playing the audio I am hearing?: I've used two sets of headphones with the same issue and tried them on a different hardware which worked perfectly fine on but not on this one for some reason. So I'm assuming it's some sort of hardware issue and need some help. Im trying my best to explain the situation but...
  5. Why is my microphone only playing the audio I am hearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my microphone only playing the audio I am hearing?: I've used two sets of headphones with the same issue and tried them on a different hardware which worked perfectly fine on but not on this one for some reason. So I'm assuming it's some sort of hardware issue and need some help. Im trying my best to explain the situation but...
  6. Cant hear myself with external microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant hear myself with external microphone: I have a blue yeti nano microphone that i plug my headphones into. I like being able to hear myself speak, so I keep my input sound at around 30%. All of a sudden I cannot hear myself. Other people can still hear me, but I dont know what to do. I've restarted my pc, reset the...
  7. When using my wireless headphones i only hear myself through my mic.

When using my wireless headphones i only hear myself through my mic.: I have scoured the internet and found no answers. When going into "Sounds" and then into "Recording", i suddenly hear myself through my mic (listen to this device is disabled). Also, when using Skype, Zoom or any voice chat service, all the sounds coming from my PC (for...
  8. How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone?

How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone?: I've searched this issue up online, but every time i find someone else asking the same question, the answer is either too vague, or non-existent. submitted by /u/NinjaPuppy909 [link] [comments]...
  9. I can hear myself when using audio apps

I can hear myself when using audio apps: I have recently bought the Logitech G432 headset. When I use my microphone in apps, I can hear myself, even if the sound is all the way turned down to zero. I tried a whole lot of stuff, but nothing seems to work. Any help? submitted by /u/Mrhappypineapple [link]...
  10. I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone

I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone: Even when I don’t have any applications open I can still hear myself, can someone please help submitted by /u/blizzila [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5acur/i_can_hear_myself_constantly_when_using_a/