Windows 10: Why do I keep getting a msg to change my password when I try to use the windows backup in...

Discus and support Why do I keep getting a msg to change my password when I try to use the windows backup in... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10 2004 and now when I try to backup another pc to my pc I get a msg to "change my password"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by IrvM, Nov 15, 2020.

1. IrvM Win User

Why do I keep getting a msg to change my password when I try to use the windows backup in...

I just upgraded to windows 10 2004 and now when I try to backup another pc to my pc I get a msg to "change my password"

:)

2. TRYING TO CHANGE PASSWORD AND GET MSG SAYING SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE

Hi Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that we will face difficulty in removing password from the computer as there is not option for removing password.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows 10 password", are you logged in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Have you tried to change the password or create a new pin for your computer instead of entering password?
    • How exactly have you tried to delete the password?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to make changes in user settings and you will be automatically sign in without entering password when you boot to the computer.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type “netplwiz” without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Uncheck on Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

4. Click on Apply and click on Ok.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with removing password and logging into computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 15, 2020
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Why do I keep getting a msg to change my password when I try to use the windows backup in...

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Why do I keep getting a msg to change my password when I try to use the windows backup in...

1. Why do I keep getting a msg to change my password when I try to use the windows backup in... - Similar Threads - Why keep getting

2. When I try to change my password, I keep getting the error message "something went wrong".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to change my password, I keep getting the error message "something went wrong".: I keep getting the same error message "something went wrong, try again". I've seen other people post this question and no moderators answers the question. They just stop the conversation. Please help me remedy this problem?...
  3. When I try to change my password, I keep getting the error message "something went wrong".

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I try to change my password, I keep getting the error message "something went wrong".: I keep getting the same error message "something went wrong, try again". I've seen other people post this question and no moderators answers the question. They just stop the conversation. Please help me remedy this problem?...
  4. I get this message when I try to change my password:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get this message when I try to change my password:: When I try to change my password, I go to a bright red page that says:Deceptive site ahead Attackers on statics-marketingsites-wcus-ms-com.akamaized.net may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information for example,...
  5. I get this message when I try to change my password:

I get this message when I try to change my password:: When I try to change my password, I go to a bright red page that says:Deceptive site ahead Attackers on statics-marketingsites-wcus-ms-com.akamaized.net may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information for example,...
  6. i type my password i get into windows and try to change my password. But it keeps saying...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i type my password i get into windows and try to change my password. But it keeps saying...: I started my pc, typed my password got in and tried to change my password and i try to type my current password and it doesn't work. I can't change my password, that's all....
  7. i type my password i get into windows and try to change my password. But it keeps saying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i type my password i get into windows and try to change my password. But it keeps saying...: I started my pc, typed my password got in and tried to change my password and i try to type my current password and it doesn't work. I can't change my password, that's all....
  8. i type my password i get into windows and try to change my password. But it keeps saying...

9. why do i keep getting this when i try to fix something

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why do i keep getting this when i try to fix something: 1. You are using a proxy that is known to send automated requests to Microsoft. Check with your network administrator if there is any proxy and what User-Agent they are sending in the request header. 2. Your request pattern matches an automated process. To eliminate, reduce...
  10. I keep getting this when I try to use my camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep getting this when I try to use my camera: I keep getting this result when I try to use my webcamera. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-this-when-i-try-to-use-my-camera/aa2fe459-e369-4087-8d9c-e3c1ba44849e