Windows 10: Why do I keep getting DNS server errors/timed out errors?

Discus and support Why do I keep getting DNS server errors/timed out errors? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the last 4 weeks, I've had to do three system restores just to regain access to the internet.I've never in my life had to do a system restore to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unicornhearts, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Why do I keep getting DNS server errors/timed out errors?

In the last 4 weeks, I've had to do three system restores just to regain access to the internet.I've never in my life had to do a system restore to access the internet. The first time, sometime around June 17th, I inexplicably got "DNS server error" and "Windows 10 could not automatically identify proxy settings" even though they were. It worked one minute, and the next it didn't. I tried flushing the DNS but that didn't work so I tried a system restore. 5 days later, I got another error, this time saying "connection settings have been changed" out of the blue again. I had to do another system restore. Now I got "website took too long to respond" and I had to do yet another system restore. These are occurring out of nowhere, when the internet has been working fine. I could access couple websites (google and facebook) but for the rest, I kept getting these errors. I know it's my laptop/Windows 10 because I can go to all those sites on my iPad. I have an Acer Aspire laptop.

:)

unicornhearts, Jul 4, 2017
  2. jbb897 Win User

WiFi Disconnects - Name resolution for the name XXXXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded

Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Asus laptop model Q551LN-BSI708

I often lose WiFi connection on this laptop, and the symptoms leading up to this are the following:

1) I get a yellow triangle (my wife and I call it the triangle of death) down on top of the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right of my screen - task manager area. When I see this, I instantly lose internet connection.

2) I go into Event viewer, and I find that the disconnect is 100% related to these errors below (at least looking at the date/time stamp of the errors and when I get the yellow triangle). The errors are always the same, except for the website referenced
    as shown below.

1) I am using OpenDNS IP addresses on my router as my DNS service.

2) I have also tried to switch to Google DNS servers, with no luck. Same issue.

3) My wireless network card driver is up to date. I even uninstalled it, and reinstalled just in case.

Here are the errors in Event Viewer:

Name resolution for the name win10.ipv6.microsoft.com. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name mtalk.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name swupmf.adobe.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name bn1302.storage.live.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name classdojo.pubnub.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name core.mochibot.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name skydrive.wns.windows.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name clients4.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

jbb897, Jul 4, 2017
  3. jbb897 Win User
    Wifi Disconnects - Name resolution for the name XXXXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded

Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Asus laptop model Q551LN-BSI708

I often lose WiFi connection on one of my laptops, and the symptoms leading up to this are the following:

1) I get a yellow triangle (my wife and I call it the triangle of death) down on top of the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right of my screen - task manager area. When I see this, I instantly lose internet connection.

2) I go into Event viewer, and I find that the disconnect is 100% related to these errors below (at least looking at the date/time of the errors and when I get the yellow triangle). They are always the same, except for the website referenced as shown below.

I am using OpenDNS IP addresses on my router as my DNS service. I have also tried to switch to Google DNS servers, with no luck. Trying to figure out if my router is bad.

Name resolution for the name win10.ipv6.microsoft.com. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name mtalk.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name swupmf.adobe.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name bn1302.storage.live.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name classdojo.pubnub.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name core.mochibot.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name skydrive.wns.windows.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name clients4.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

jbb897, Jul 4, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Why do I keep getting DNS server errors/timed out errors?

Everything in your description does point to some kind of infection, virus or malware. First thing do is plug your machine into the Router/Modem via an Ethernet cable [not an option on Tablets]. If your computer doesn't have the RJ45 Ethernet port you could get a USB to Ethernet adapter. Next is to get your antivirus program updated and run it. If it does not include antimalware, go to Majorgeeks and download the free version of Malwarebytes and install it, let it update then run it.

Oh, and your My Computer has 6GB [GigaByte] of RAM/Random Access Memory, it's speed is immaterial at this point as it mostly affects performance.

Berton, Jul 4, 2017
  5. brummyfan Win User
    You could also try switching to different DNS address, either OpenDNS or googleDNS.
    Go to WiFi status, Properties and highlight IPV4, change the address in Properties.

Why do I keep getting DNS server errors/timed out errors? [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jul 4, 2017
  6. robgr Win User
    robgr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why do I keep getting DNS server errors/timed out errors?

1. Why do I keep getting DNS server errors/timed out errors? - Similar Threads - Why keep getting

2. Why do I keep getting BSOD errors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting BSOD errors?: Hello,in the past 2 hours I have received 3 different BSOD errors completely out of the blue.The first error was "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"Second was "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"And third was "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" which I have gotten another time before.Im not sure...
  3. Why do I keep getting BSOD errors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I keep getting BSOD errors?: Hello,in the past 2 hours I have received 3 different BSOD errors completely out of the blue.The first error was "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"Second was "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"And third was "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" which I have gotten another time before.Im not sure...
  4. Why do I keep getting BSOD errors?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keep getting random DNS errors!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting random DNS errors!!!: So I keep getting these dns errors when I browsing Chrome, if i turn my wifi adapter TP-LINK WN881ND on and off it works again but its really anoying and I want to know the reason this happens.Im worried I have like a DNS virusI even did a clean installation of windows but it...
  6. Keep getting random DNS errors!!!

Keep getting random DNS errors!!!: So I keep getting these dns errors when I browsing Chrome, if i turn my wifi adapter TP-LINK WN881ND on and off it works again but its really anoying and I want to know the reason this happens.Im worried I have like a DNS virusI even did a clean installation of windows but it...
  7. Keep getting random DNS errors!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. DNS server error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server error: Hi all,One of my friends are having an issue connecting to a network, where the network seems to be connected but whenever they attempt browse they receive an error regarding the DNS server. They had also ran a Windows Network Diagnostics test which had reported "The DNS...
  9. DNS server error

DNS server error: Hi all,One of my friends are having an issue connecting to a network, where the network seems to be connected but whenever they attempt browse they receive an error regarding the DNS server. They had also ran a Windows Network Diagnostics test which had reported "The DNS...
  10. Why do I keep getting BSOD at random times and different errors?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I keep getting BSOD at random times and different errors?: Recently, my PC has been crashing and I am getting the BSOD. One of the error codes was irql_not_less_equal, and it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Another one of the error codes was WHEA_uncorrectable_error, and it caused by PSHED.dll. PC Specs: Intel Core i-10600k Gigabyte...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. name resolution for the name ad.afy11.net timed out

3. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded

4. Name resolution for the name ad.afy11.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded,
  5. ad.afy11.net timed out,
  6. name resolution ad.afy11.net timed out,
  7. cisco umbrella timed out after none of the configured dns servers responded.,
  8. why do you get dns errors,
  9. ad.afy11.net timed out after noe of the configured dns servers responded,
  10. Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.