Windows 10: Why do I keep getting error saying Network Adapter Cable might be unplugged or broken

Discus and support Why do I keep getting error saying Network Adapter Cable might be unplugged or broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new HP computer but keep losing my connection and when I use the troubleshooter, it says the network adapter cable maybe unplugged or broken.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KatieMulle, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Why do I keep getting error saying Network Adapter Cable might be unplugged or broken

I have a new HP computer but keep losing my connection and when I use the troubleshooter, it says the network adapter cable maybe unplugged or broken. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this problem. It is so annoying. Many thanks!!!

:)

KatieMulle, Sep 9, 2018

2. 'Network cable unplugged' on windows 10

Hi,

We would like to clarify the following:

• Can you view your network name SSID (wifi name)?
    • Can you also view your neighbors networks?
    • Do you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on your wifi icon?
    • What driver did you update? Local area connection (LAN)? Or the built in wifi adaptor.
    You are getting error message of ''network cable is unplug'' but it allow you to connect using Ethernet cable. Is the problem about wireless connection?

Looking forward to your reply.

Angelo Bar, Sep 9, 2018
  3. AlanB3 Win User
    Network Cable shows as "Unplugged" when it is in fact, plugged in properly - Windows 10

So, I have a really strange problem, I am looking for thoughts. I have a system running Windows 10 Pro. It has run fine for years. A while back, I started getting an error that my network cable was unplugged. I checked the cable and it was plugged in
    normally. I replaced the cable and it still generated the same error. I have two network adapters on the system. I moved the cable to the second adapter and the problem went away. The system worked fine for months.

Some time later, I started getting the same error on both adapters. I would get the "network cable unplugged" error no matter what adapter I had the cable plugged into. I once again tried additional cables to no avail. I tested a different router and
    it changed nothing, as well.

I purchased a new NIC and installed it into the machine. Adding a third NIC changed nothing. It still showed that the network cable was unplugged. I went into properties and tried different negotiation, i.e. I tried auto, TX 100, half duplex, full duplex,
    etc and it made no difference. I updated all the drivers and even got the factory Realtek driver for one of the NIC's rather than using the Microsoft driver. Nothing worked.

I was about to give up when the April Creator's update came up. I did the update and the problem corrected itself. The computer worked perfectly until yesterday. Now, I am suddenly getting the same error again with the April Creators' edition. I have
    tried new cables, etc, but I am up against the same wall as I was before.

So we are clear, the device manager says the device is working properly. I plug the cable in and it is detected. It starts the identification process and then almost immediately says "network cable unplugged." If I wait a few seconds, it again detects
    that it is plugged into the router, but a few seconds later, it will gain say "network cable unplugged."

Does anyone have any thoughts?

AlanB3, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Why do I keep getting error saying Network Adapter Cable might be unplugged or broken

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

Hi,

As you have mentioned, the network cable is working fine with other system. The issue might be due to the outdated drivers or due to the incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the drivers and check if it helps.

• Type Device Manager in the search bar, and select
      Device Manager from the list.

• In Device Manager, expand Network adapters
      option.

• Right click on the network adapter name and click on
      Update Driver Software.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• Restart the system after update is done.
    Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Why do I keep getting error saying Network Adapter Cable might be unplugged or broken

1. Why do I keep getting error saying Network Adapter Cable might be unplugged or broken - Similar Threads - Why keep getting

2. Fix Network cable unplugged error on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Network cable unplugged error on Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you are getting Network cable unplugged error on Windows 11/10 in the Network Connections panel, here are some tips to fix the issue. It may appear due to various reasons, and some possible causes and solutions are mentioned here. If your wired internet connection...
  3. an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken: hello yesterday when i'm using my laptop, the internet connection suddenly go missing the wifi icon is not there i check everywhere and the driver is not there too i have encountered this before and after i delete the device in device manager and restart it, it went back...
  4. Why do I keep getting “Default gateway is not available” Windows 10 Network adapter error?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I keep getting “Default gateway is not available” Windows 10 Network adapter error?...: So, I’m trying to install a bunch of games from Origin, and this isn’t the first time this has happened but I my PC keeps disconnecting from the internet and I have no idea why. Every other device in the house works fine. It’s says “Connected, No Internet” when I click on the...
  5. network cable unplugged

network cable unplugged: W10 18363.535 just updated computer #3 today and noticed afterwards while trying to connect to network, I get the "network cable unplugged" message. Did the usual re-plugging, changed the cable, same results. Finally worked over to the network adapter and after a while...
  6. Ethernet cable might be unplugged or broken

Ethernet cable might be unplugged or broken: Excuse me sir, My wifi was working fine till yesterday and i have wlan and i have never used a cable network. When i was gaming suddenly my wifi got disconnected and i could not reconnect to my wifi. I have tried the following steps below, 1)Update the drivers 2)Speed and...
  7. Lenovo Ideapad network cable unplugged

Lenovo Ideapad network cable unplugged: My Lenovo ideapad 500 won't detect a network cable, have tried different cables that work on different PC's. It uses a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Here's what ive tried so far: New driver from Realtek website. Deleted from device manager and restarted. Every...
  8. Network cable unplugged

Network cable unplugged: Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I have just moved into a new home and i am having issues connecting to the internet through a wired connection. Wfi works but id rather use the wired connection since i have it . The house is wired for Cat 5e. I have an ASUS...
  9. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...
  10. "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

"Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..: Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help. Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC. Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections."...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network adaptor cable unplugged or broken