Windows 10: Why do I keep getting irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD once per day after waking up from sleep?

Discus and support Why do I keep getting irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD once per day after waking up from sleep? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have no clue why this is happening. This has been happening for a while now but pretty much once per day I will get the irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MadBaron, Jul 16, 2020.

1. MadBaron Win User

Why do I keep getting irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD once per day after waking up from sleep?

I have no clue why this is happening. This has been happening for a while now but pretty much once per day I will get the irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD when I wake my laptop from sleep.

When this happens is completely random. It's never the first boot of the day the boot from hibernate, it's always a wake up from sleep but it could be the when I wake after a quick toilet break, or after a lunch break, or in the afternoon, completely random.

This has been bothering me for a while so whilst in lockdown I thought it would be best to use this opportunity to properly reinstall windows. I used the remove all files option as well and just started from scratch again but that doesn't seem to have solved anything. In fact, it's possibly even got more frequent.

In the last few days I've tried turning off fast boot as well but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. I've also tried contacting the windows support team but I ended up getting ghosted it's been like half an hour since my last message.

When looking on the event viewer, the critical error is always Event ID 41. Looking this up on the internet thought it always says this occurs after not cleanly shutting down. The issue is, this never happens after turning on from shut down, it is only happening after waking up from sleep.

Can anyone help with this? I've attached screenshots of my event viewer and also have pasted my lastest bug report below.

Also I don't know if this is related but I seem to get a ton of event log "Errors" from the Bonjour service? They're not in the critical category but there's literally been 367 error logs in the last 7 days according to the event viewer.

Why do I keep getting irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD once per day after waking up from sleep? 5c638529-0354-46bd-95c6-3a4f3cc0431b?upload=true.png
    +System

-Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}
    EventID41
    Version8
    Level1
    Task63
    Opcode0
    Keywords0x8000400000000002
    -TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2020-07-16T11:03:06.7005162Z
    EventRecordID5866
    Correlation
    -Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    ChannelSystem
    ComputerERIKA
    -Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    -EventData

BugcheckCode10
    BugcheckParameter10x0
    BugcheckParameter20x2
    BugcheckParameter30x0
    BugcheckParameter40xfffff80427252ff7
    SleepInProgress0
    PowerButtonTimestamp0
    BootAppStatus0
    Checkpoint41
    ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn8
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
    CheckpointStatus0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20
    LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

:)

MadBaron, Jul 16, 2020
  2. ShyamBh Win User

Getting random BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Hello MS-Community,

I have been getting bugged by this for over a week now. I have a Dell 5547 laptop which had Win8.1 preinstalled in it. I installed Ubuntu over it in a different disk partition after a month of purchase. After that , I have been getting random BSOD saying
    'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. There isn't a fixed action which triggers the BSOD. I have looked up in the internet and followed one of the suggestions to run the 'Driver Verifier'. However, no luck. Even after running the Driver Verifier, it does not produce a
    detailed dump file.

It is also worth noting that I clean installed Windows 10 replacing Windows8.1. All went fine for 3 or 4 days but as soon as I installed the GRUB repair for my dual-boot in my laptop, boom! I've been getting bombed by this BSOD time and again. It is really
    frustrating.

I have attached the two dmp files along with this. One is prior to running the 'Driver Verifier' (giving the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod) and the second one is after (giving a differed bsod 'SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION').

Link to the dmp files are below:

MiniDump_IRQL.zip

Please Help!

Much Thanks.

ShyamBh, Jul 16, 2020
  3. B DB Win User
    BSOD after my computer wakes up from sleep

Hi!

My laptop gives me an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD after i wake it up from sleep mode. That is the only time this issue happens, i used an automatic driver updater, i think that caused this issue.

The .dmp file: 030618-6531-01.dmp

I dont know what to do, please help me. Why do I keep getting irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD once per day after waking up from sleep? :)

Thanks in advance.

Bálint

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off

4. Anne Ros Win User

Why do I keep getting irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD once per day after waking up from sleep?

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Why do I keep getting irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD once per day after waking up from sleep? - Similar Threads - Why keep getting

2. Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode: Laptop always get BSOD when waking up from screen mode. This could if I manual put it to sleep and wait awhile or leave for a long time and come back. Event viewer shows this every time it reboots:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  3. Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode: Laptop always get BSOD when waking up from screen mode. This could if I manual put it to sleep and wait awhile or leave for a long time and come back. Event viewer shows this every time it reboots:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day: My computer will randomly bsod at random times during the day can you help me find out what is causing this.Here are the files:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6cvkyogkvhjv61s/AADZaD8rtTK3qGDz4y0yqgMfa?dl=0...
  5. Getting a BSOD about once per day

Getting a BSOD about once per day: Hi, I've had this computer for about a year and have lately been getting a BSOD about once per day. I ran a memory diagnostic, checked that Windows 10 was up to date, check that NVIDIA was up to date, and blew out some dust from inside of the computer (there wasn't much). I...
  6. Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep: Hi, I am having this issue where windows will wake from sleep with BSOD. I would greatly appreciate any help in analyzing the minidump and identifying what could be the issue. The minidump can be found here https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArFlxMPh2-S7hT9LAd1gK8FOkA-N?e=vE4Atr I can...
  7. Always get BSOD at least once per day! Help Please!!

Always get BSOD at least once per day! Help Please!!: I always get BSOD at lease once per day! Based on WinDbg, I've uninstall rainmeter, Nvidia Geforce Experience, and Asus Armoury Crate, but the result still the same!! I even has replaced my Memory and PSU, the result still the same!! : I already run Windows Memory...
  8. i keep getting bsod from "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i keep getting bsod from "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": i have tried win memory diagnostic method and it didn't fix the issue. submitted by /u/MyUserName-exe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy8v0c/i_keep_getting_bsod_from_irql_not_less_or_equal/
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL atleast once a day

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL atleast once a day: This is my crash log, I have tried everything. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 X86 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\032220-62531-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace...
  10. BSOD's after waking from sleep, every day.

BSOD's after waking from sleep, every day.: The two zip's are attached. I keep getting multiple BSODS, sometimes they are IRQ NOT LESS and sometimes others. The drivers are always different but usually caused by windows drivers. It always 100% of the time occurs when I wake the laptop from sleep, it will freeze up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irql_not_less_or_equal on wakeup

2. irql_not_less_or_equal after sleep