Windows 10: Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

Discus and support Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Theres some website that i cant enter because of the family feature stuff, i left my family group and i tried making myself an organizer and everything... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hundred Marlin26, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

Theres some website that i cant enter because of the family feature stuff, i left my family group and i tried making myself an organizer and everything and it still shows the family restricted stuff saying "You’ll need to ask to use this site" and even if i clicked the "Ask now" button i will get an error saying"Something went wrongWe’re working on it – try again in a little bit.Trace ID: 84wYA0meHEagERaB.2.2"

:)

Hundred Marlin26, Feb 18, 2023
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Feb 18, 2023
  3. Sten2.0 Win User
    Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Feb 18, 2023
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

Took my device off and account off family features but still getting restrictions.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can be if the family features were not updated/synced on your computer. Refer the below mentioned methods and check with the issue.

Method 1: Family Safety troubleshooter: Run the

Family Safety troubleshooter
    and check the status. This will detect and resolve some common issues with family safety.

Method 2: Verify the Microsoft account from settings.

Before verifying the Microsoft account on your computer, please sign out from the account and sign in back. Then follow the steps mentioned below to verify the Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your Info, if you see verify your account. Then I suggest you to verify your Microsoft account and check with the issue.

Method 3: Re-adding the account. You can add the account once again to Microsoft family and then remove all the restrictions. Once all the restrictions are removed, you can remove the account
    from Microsoft Family.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Noor_Azam, Feb 18, 2023
Thema:

Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

1. Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff - Similar Threads - Why keep getting

2. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family: when trying to open chrome it tells me to ask for permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-microsoft-family-restrictions-and-im/acc6569e-cdc5-4427-8832-4e7a0b21ef4a
  3. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family: when trying to open chrome it tells me to ask for permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-microsoft-family-restrictions-and-im/acc6569e-cdc5-4427-8832-4e7a0b21ef4a
  4. Why do they keep moving stuff around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do they keep moving stuff around: Microsoft really should leave well enough alone.. Going from windows 10 to windows 11 is a nightmare.. First of all, the task bar/start menu... Why? I've been using windows since windows 95 and I like the start menu and task bar being very simplified.. Control panel is easy...
  5. Why do they keep moving stuff around

Why do they keep moving stuff around: Microsoft really should leave well enough alone.. Going from windows 10 to windows 11 is a nightmare.. First of all, the task bar/start menu... Why? I've been using windows since windows 95 and I like the start menu and task bar being very simplified.. Control panel is easy...
  6. Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff: Theres some website that i cant enter because of the family feature stuff, i left my family group and i tried making myself an organizer and everything and it still shows the family restricted stuff saying "You’ll need to ask to use this site" and even if i clicked the "Ask...
  7. Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff: Theres some website that i cant enter because of the family feature stuff, i left my family group and i tried making myself an organizer and everything and it still shows the family restricted stuff saying "You’ll need to ask to use this site" and even if i clicked the "Ask...
  8. Family restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  9. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family: Ive been getting pop ups asking for a family member permission to open photos and videos in my folders and to access spotify. I have changed my age on the account and have removed myself from the family but nothing is working. I have been trying to fix this problem for over a...
  10. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"