Windows 10: Why do I keep getting this security update popup?

Discus and support Why do I keep getting this security update popup? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Today, whenever I leave my computer, I will come back to find a popup that says, "Your device needs the latest security updates", and "Microsoft cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by allam447635, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Why do I keep getting this security update popup?

Today, whenever I leave my computer, I will come back to find a popup that says, "Your device needs the latest security updates", and "Microsoft cannot install the latest security updates unless you update to the latest version of Windows" or something like that. Even if I leave my computer for 2 minutes, the popup will have appeared by the time I come back. This never happened until today, and the popup has appeared about 7 times today. Why is this happening? Has the Windows upgrade that caused me problems back in December made its return?

:)

allam447635, Mar 24, 2018
  2. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 24, 2018
  3. popups why do i keep getting this ????

no just playing a game on f,b through chrome

charlottemitchell, Mar 24, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Why do I keep getting this security update popup?

Sounds like the Windows Update Assistant is prodding you to upgrade from an outdated version of Win10, like 1607. What version/build are you on ? Hit Win+R\ type winver \OK\post here.

mrgeek, Mar 24, 2018
  5. I am on Windows 10 1703.

allam447635, Mar 24, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    With 1803 due out within weeks, 1703 is nearing end of support too. KB4023814 was responsible for installing Update Assistant.

KB4023814 Windows 10 display notification to install latest version

You cannot uninstall KB4023814, but you can undo its effects. Just uninstalling Update Assistant doesn't work, it reinstalls itself. See this post for details of how to remove it.
    Block Windows 10 update assistant/all updates

It is however only a matter of time before you'll have to update if you want to stay secure. 1703 will reach end of support and stop receiving updates on October 9, 2018.
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/1...cle-fact-sheet

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why do I keep getting this security update popup?

1. Why do I keep getting this security update popup? - Similar Threads - Why keep getting

2. Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?: I keep getting a volume popup at the bottom of my Firefox pages. It also changes the amount of volume that I've entered.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?: I keep getting a volume popup at the bottom of my Firefox pages. It also changes the amount of volume that I've entered.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Why do i keep getting corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i keep getting corrupted files?: Hello,I got since while ago corrupted files error, i did a sfc and it said “found corrupted files, details are included in the CBS log file..etcSo i tried every single method to solve that without having to reset my pc and delete everything.But none of the methodes worked and...
  5. why do i keep getting these blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why do i keep getting these blue screens: i keep getting blue screens that all have different error codes and i tried updating windows, updating my gpu and i just can't figure out what the issue is please i request any help...
  6. why do i keep getting these blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i keep getting these blue screens: i keep getting blue screens that all have different error codes and i tried updating windows, updating my gpu and i just can't figure out what the issue is please i request any help...
  7. Why do I keep getting a popup saying that there's a problem with my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I keep getting a popup saying that there's a problem with my Microsoft Account: Why do I keep getting a popup saying that there's a problem with my Microsoft Account and it needs to be fixed and why doesn't Microsoft **** fix it. Following the directions they give doesn't do ****. Also how do I change the email address for this site so that the answers...
  8. How do I disable this popup I keep getting on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable this popup I keep getting on windows 10: [ATTACH] I keep getting this popup everytime I start my computer and sometimes it even popups when im just using it and its really annoying me. I want help to disable seeing this popup....
  9. Why am I getting this Popup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I getting this Popup?: Hi Support, Since an update to my Win10 2 days ago I've been getting this popup when the computer logs in. [ATTACH] I bought this computer with Win10 installed for personal use. It is a Wacom Mobilestudio Pro 16 from 2017. Thank you, Christian Moir...
  10. Why do I keep getting KB4023057 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I keep getting KB4023057 update?: I am running windows 1803, build 17134.590. I have been getting KB4023957 update for the last 3 months. I thought this is an old update. Can somebody explain it to me?...