Windows 10: Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things?

Discus and support Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have this problem on multiple computers with very different specs. I'll be able to open the Start menu, but can't click on any applications. In fact,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/antimatterfunnel, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things?

I have this problem on multiple computers with very different specs. I'll be able to open the Start menu, but can't click on any applications. In fact, all Windows OS stuff is not responsive. But I'll be able to use all my open apps just fine. I can get it to work again by starting Windows Explorer. But it will happen again within the next hour or two, and I'll have to restart Windows Explorer again.

Anyone?

submitted by /u/antimatterfunnel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/antimatterfunnel, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things? :p

Frick, Feb 5, 2020
  3. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE (AMOUNGST OTHER THINGS) TO BE ABLE TO TYPE IN GREEK.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, I would like to ask you a few questions.

• Have you tried the settings in Internet Explorer?

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if you can type in Greek language.

Follow these steps to add a language to Internet Explorer.

• Open Internet Explorer from desktop.

• Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options.

• Click the General tab, and then click
      Languages.

• In the Language Preference dialog box, click
      Add.

• In the Add Language dialog box, select Greek language from the list, and then click
      OK.

• Repeat steps d and e until you have added all of the languages you want to use.

• Click OK twice.
    Note: If you are unable to see tool
    option, I suggest you to right click on the Internet Explorer and mark Menu bar as visible.

Check if it helps.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things?

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things?

1. Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things? - Similar Threads - Why keep having

2. Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?: every morning when I come in I have to sign out and sign back in. My screen on the right with the CDR software I use, it is at sign in and I can sign into that system. The screen on the left I can't open anything. No Microsoft Edge, Excel etc. Any suggestions would you like...
  3. Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to restart my PC to be able to login?: every morning when I come in I have to sign out and sign back in. My screen on the right with the CDR software I use, it is at sign in and I can sign into that system. The screen on the left I can't open anything. No Microsoft Edge, Excel etc. Any suggestions would you like...
  4. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have to click twice to highlight?: Not too long ago, when writing in Word 2021, I could highlight a word or sentence THEN click to copy it.Seems now I have to click first at the beginning of the highlight and then again at the end of the highlight - otherwise if I move the cursor away from the area I will lose...
  5. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

why do I have to click twice to highlight?: Not too long ago, when writing in Word 2021, I could highlight a word or sentence THEN click to copy it.Seems now I have to click first at the beginning of the highlight and then again at the end of the highlight - otherwise if I move the cursor away from the area I will lose...
  6. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things?: This Problem Started Yesterday I Dont Know If It's My Computer Or My Mouse, I Belive this is because of a software i downloaded 2 days ago called X mouse button control it did nothing i reset all my "mouse" settings then deleted it and after that the next day the problem...
  8. Why do apps restart explorer?

Why do apps restart explorer?: Here's some context; I didn't install a update to my PC yesterday or today. This problem only occurred today. I turned on my computer and went to the first browser I found; Opera GX and it restarted explorer. I tried again with File Explorer; same thing. I tried every...
  9. Keep having to restart windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep having to restart windows explorer: Every once in a while some aspects of my laptop start lagging. When I use the volume/brightness buttons they change but it takes a while for the actual bar to show up on screen. If I try alt-tabbing or using the start or search features they take a while to respond. The only...
  10. Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things?: So I'm trying to buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition. It would simply be a download. But I can't buy it without giving my address. Its not like I need anything physically sent to me so why do I need to give it? Its not that big of a deal; I just won't buy it, its just...