Windows 10: Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device?

Discus and support Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Most of my photos I have saved on Flash Drives, but maybe 5 Photo Folders are still on my PC and I want to keep those particular ones there so I chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ruth2340, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device?

Most of my photos I have saved on Flash Drives, but maybe 5 Photo Folders are still on my PC and I want to keep those particular ones there so I chose for each to "ALWAYS KEEP ON THIS DEVICE". But for some reason every time I Restart, I lose one of those Folders and have to copy it back from my Flash Drive. Happened again today. 2 of those Folders that did not disappear, were not checked Green to Always Stay on my device. There was a check mark but it was not solid green and in order to get it back to Always keep on this Device I had to uncheck, then re select that Always Keep. This is getting a bit old with me. At one point I lost several pictures in those Folders and had to rescan them and save them back in the Folder plus put them on Flash Drive to be sure I had them there. So I do end up with the same photo on Flash Drive, because since I have thousands on there, I don't always look to see if that particular photo is still there. I get a notice sometimes if I happen to name it the same as what I have on there, but I don't always remember what name I gave a particular photo. I like One Drive, but as I said it gets rather old having to do this all the time. So I would like Microsoft to fix that particular issue if they are able to. Thank You.

Add On: One Drive keeps photos also, but only the Photos, not the Inscription of who the photo is of, so all you get is a whole bunch of photos to see, but would be nice if the Inscription/Name of who the photo is of was there and in Alphabetical Order. Like I said, I have thousands, because I do Genealogy, have 20,000 names in my Data Base and pictures for thousands of those names. That is why I have Individual Folders for each Ancestor in our family plus each of my 13 Siblings families.

:)

Ruth2340, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Save photo folders

Hello Cece,

There are several ways for you to transfer your photos to your USB device. You can follow the steps provided below:

• Plug-in the USB device to your computer.
    • Using File Explorer navigate to your photo folders and highlight them.
    • Click Move to and choose Choose location...
    • Then select the USB device you want to store your photo folders to.
    • Or, you can drag and drop the photo folders to the removable USB device location folder and it will copy the files to the destination folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device?

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device?

1. Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device? - Similar Threads - Why keep losing

2. Why do I have to keep signing into devices I'm signed into?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to keep signing into devices I'm signed into?: Anytime I try to do anything with Microsoft, it requires me to get a code to prove I'm me - even though I'm already signed into my Microsoft account on the same device I always use. Even when I'm signed into Microsoft and all of my information is clearly displayed address,...
  3. Why do I have to keep signing into devices I'm signed into?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to keep signing into devices I'm signed into?: Anytime I try to do anything with Microsoft, it requires me to get a code to prove I'm me - even though I'm already signed into my Microsoft account on the same device I always use. Even when I'm signed into Microsoft and all of my information is clearly displayed address,...
  4. I keep losing connection.

I keep losing connection.: when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online is the worse. I have spent weeks trying every suggestion they make. This started happening just after an upgrade to faster optic internet. Same provider. Also noted that when playing Sodoku in Facebook, I will get a steady...
  5. I keep losing Bluetooth

I keep losing Bluetooth: Several times a day, after returning to my computer after it has gone to sleep, I lose Bluetooth. The Bluetooth icon disappears from the notification window and the "Activate Bluetooth" switch disappears from the Settings-> Devices-> Bluetooth window. I can only get it back...
  6. I keep losing files I selected

I keep losing files I selected: Not sure the right way to phrase this but have a bunch of PDF files I want to put into spe ific foldiers. As I am selecting 40 of them when done I see I nly selected 20. Why is this? For whatever reason if I click on white spece between files or else there-all the files I had...
  7. I keep losing files I selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep losing files I selected: Not sure the right way to phrase this but have a bunch of PDF files I want to put into spe ific foldiers. As I am selecting 40 of them when done I see I nly selected 20. Why is this? For whatever reason if I click on white spece between files or else there-all the files I had...
  8. I keep losing files I selected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. I keep losing the Internet

I keep losing the Internet: For about 12 years I have been operating my HP Windows laptop now Windows 10 with my modem/router in another room. Now, all of a sudden, I keep getting "No Internet Access." I try disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes this works and all will be well for a while. Then I...
  10. Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection?

Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection?: I keep losing my internet connection via wi-fi. I have to reboot my computer to get the internet to work several times a week! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-keep-losing-my-wi-fi-connection/dfabee13-7a56-4c3b-9e58-d65e924fe4de