Windows 10: Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection?

Discus and support Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep losing my internet connection via wi-fi. I have to reboot my computer to get the internet to work several times a week!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DPink7, Apr 21, 2019.

1. DPink7 Win User

Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection?

I keep losing my internet connection via wi-fi. I have to reboot my computer to get the internet to work several times a week!

:)

DPink7, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Johannes Win User

Lose wi-fi connection when PC is still on, but not being used.

I was in the device manager and the only thing I could see was the network adapters after expanding that one, this list came up, which one is the Wi-Fi? when I entered wi-fi, wifi and Wi-Fi in search, it could not find it

Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection? [​IMG]

Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection? [​IMG]

Johannes, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Warrgarbl Win User
    Wi-Fi losing connection on large downloads

I have a laptop here which loses it's Wi-Fi connection during long downloads. Pinging for hours on end is no problem, but as soon as I try to download something large Windows claims that I have no internet access and it can't reach the gateway anymore.

The adapter is configured via DHCP and the lease is correct and remains through the connection loss. Replacing the Wi-Fi adapter, the motherboard or the inbuilt antennas does nothing, as does using a fresh Windows install on a test HDD.

I am quite at a loss here. Do you guys have any idea what other cause this could have?

Warrgarbl, Apr 21, 2019
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection? - Similar Threads - Why keep losing

2. Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?: Hello Microsoft Forum Users, my Wi-Fi has been recently doing something really strange, when my computer isn't on, it works fine no issues, but when I turn my PC on, it starts having really bad lag spikes and its almost unusable. It goes from 10 mbps to around 100 kbps and...
  3. Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?: Hello Microsoft Forum Users, my Wi-Fi has been recently doing something really strange, when my computer isn't on, it works fine no issues, but when I turn my PC on, it starts having really bad lag spikes and its almost unusable. It goes from 10 mbps to around 100 kbps and...
  4. Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. keep losing wi-fi at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keep losing wi-fi at random: For the past couple of weeks. My computer seems to be losing wi-fi at random times. when this happens I click on the wi-fi icon in the toolbar most of the time it keeps spinning. then I go and right click "open network and internet settings" i usually go to troubleshoot...
  6. keep losing wi-fi at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keep losing wi-fi at random: For the past couple of weeks. My computer seems to be losing wi-fi at random times. when this happens I click on the wi-fi icon in the toolbar most of the time it keeps spinning. then I go and right click "open network and internet settings" i usually go to troubleshoot...
  7. keep losing wi-fi at random

8. Losing wi-fi connection

Losing wi-fi connection: I have had several occasions where I am in the middle of a Zoom meeting and Windows 10 sends me a message that I need to restart for an update. This message knocks me off my Zoom meeting without warning and disconnects me from wi-fi. I can't continue my meeting until I...
  9. desktop keeps losing wi-fi connection

desktop keeps losing wi-fi connection: My desktop computer has recently started having issues keeping a wi-fi connection. About every 10 minutes it drops the wi-fi connection. I am able to connect again after one or two tries, but then 5-15 minutes or so later it drops again. It has been doing this consistently...
  10. Wi-Fi keep connection

Wi-Fi keep connection: Wi-Fi keep connection with the some wireless I try make forget and reset network and format ( by USB ) the laptop but it keep saved password of that wireless and connection . so how i do delete forever ? ( windows 10 home single language 64-bit )...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did my computer delete wi-fi