Windows 10: Why do I need a free space on the C drive in order to sync pictures from the G drive with...

Discus and support Why do I need a free space on the C drive in order to sync pictures from the G drive with... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have moved my 'pictures' folder to an another drive G. Now, I want to sync that folder with OneDrive, but it says I need 132 GB of free space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrantišekJirman, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Why do I need a free space on the C drive in order to sync pictures from the G drive with...

Hello, I have moved my 'pictures' folder to an another drive G. Now, I want to sync that folder with OneDrive, but it says I need 132 GB of free space on my C SSD in order to do it. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

:)

FrantišekJirman, Jun 27, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CWhy do I need a free space on the C drive in order to sync pictures from the G drive with... :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Anwille Win User

Why do I need a free space on the C drive in order to sync pictures from the G drive with...

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Why do I need a free space on the C drive in order to sync pictures from the G drive with...

1. Why do I need a free space on the C drive in order to sync pictures from the G drive with... - Similar Threads - Why need free

2. I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full: I've created unallocated space on the d drive in disk management & now need help to move the space to the c drive please. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  3. I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full: I've created unallocated space on the d drive in disk management & now need help to move the space to the c drive please. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  4. Freeing space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing space on C drive: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 I am trying to free up space on my C drive which is a 500Gb SSD. I install all programs to my 2Tb HD. Windirstat tells me Tom Tom the sat nav takes up 153 Gb on my C drive. So I want to uninstall it. Windows said it was uninstalling it from...
  5. Space needed on C drive?

Space needed on C drive?: Question about Onedrive. When I try to add my photos 65 GB to my backups the "Start Backup" button is greyed out. Message in red says: "Space required on your C:\drive 70.8 GB' I don't have 70.8 GB available. Why does it need space on my C: drive?...
  6. How do i extend the C drive my g drive is empty i want to give the storage of g drive to c...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i extend the C drive my g drive is empty i want to give the storage of g drive to c...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ez81y1/how_do_i_extend_the_c_drive_my_g_drive_is_empty_i/
  7. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  8. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  9. Move free space from D drive to C Drive

Move free space from D drive to C Drive: Hi, I am receiving messages saying my storage is full. Disk manager shows no free space on C drive, but 913GB free on D drive, how can I reallocate free space from D to C? Thanks...
  10. need to free space on C: drive...Windows.old??

need to free space on C: drive...Windows.old??: hi...have been trying to free up space on my C: drive and the only thing I see that's taking up space is Windows. Old...Had to reset my laptop and it won't let me delete or move Windows.old...what can I do? Have a 15GB flash drive connected, can I move it to the flash drive...