Windows 10: Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10?

Discus and support Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am quite upset with Microsoft. ENOUGH OF THE PRIVACY AND TRACKING INTRUSION! I own multiple copies of Windows, and my work pays for Office, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJ Todilinus, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10?

I am quite upset with Microsoft. ENOUGH OF THE PRIVACY AND TRACKING INTRUSION!

I own multiple copies of Windows, and my work pays for Office, etc. Microsoft Apps Store recently began demanding that you sign in or create an account to download even the free apps. RIDICULOUS! I am constantly having to sign it this is absolutely abhorrent. SHAME ON YOU.

Finally, I decide to create a stupid account just for this purpose, when what do you know, IT INSISTS YOU VERIFY WITH YOUR CELLPHONE! Why don't you do a rectal exam on me while we're at it?

I pay for a product and then I have to give you my cellphone number too. Despicable.

I demand you allow me to use a product I freaking paid for without constantly tracking me, demanding new passwords, demanding my cell phone number - I DONT WANT TO GIVE YOU MY NUMBER! Does that mean I can't use the Windows that I paid for?

:)

JJ Todilinus, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10? :(

Zakin, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10?

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10?

1. Why do I need a Microsoft Account to download apps AFTER paying for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why need Microsoft

2. How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?: I am implementing wallets, which includes Microsoft Pay, through Stripe and I'm trying to figure out a way to test this implementation. Is there a way to download Microsoft Pay? It took a while but.I finally found it in the Microsoft Store but I'm unable to download it on my...
  3. How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?: I am implementing wallets, which includes Microsoft Pay, through Stripe and I'm trying to figure out a way to test this implementation. Is there a way to download Microsoft Pay? It took a while but.I finally found it in the Microsoft Store but I'm unable to download it on my...
  4. How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How do I download Microsoft Pay.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download Microsoft Pay.: I'm trying to support Microsoft Pay with a product of mine but I can't seem to figure out how to download and use Microsoft Pay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-microsoft-pay/f89180b9-39a5-4c01-9d69-da6cf6663063
  6. How do I download Microsoft Pay.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I download Microsoft Pay.: I'm trying to support Microsoft Pay with a product of mine but I can't seem to figure out how to download and use Microsoft Pay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-microsoft-pay/f89180b9-39a5-4c01-9d69-da6cf6663063
  7. Microsoft Pay ?? Why do Microsoft not promote this ??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Pay ?? Why do Microsoft not promote this ??: Microsoft Pay ?? Why do Microsoft not promote this ?? Many of my users and many other business and home users in Australia ask the question: Why are Microsoft Payment options not available at any businesses or web sites ? I get concerned when I talk about...
  8. App will not download and open after paying for it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App will not download and open after paying for it: ASA Sailing app will not download after paying for it . It keeps pushing me back to Microsoft store to download again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-will-not-download-and-open-after-paying-for-it/2972467c-f902-4626-bcf7-14b0d0ab47f3
  9. Do I need to pay for 2 separate Microsoft accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Do I need to pay for 2 separate Microsoft accounts.: Somehow I managed to sign up for 2 Microsoft accounts. One under my personal email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the other under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . Please advise if I need both and cancel the later if its redundant....
  10. Why do I need a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I need a Microsoft account?: Hello, Why do I need a Microsoft account on a computer owned by my employer which is connected to my employer's Active Directory server? From what I understand, the point I of an MS account is so your settings carry over from different devices (why would I even want that?)...