Windows 10: Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else...

Discus and support Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm just trying to save a game file onto my SSD, but for some reason it says that I need administrator permission, but I AM the administrator. My user... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AubreyKoebach, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else...

I'm just trying to save a game file onto my SSD, but for some reason it says that I need administrator permission, but I AM the administrator. My user profile says that I am an administrator, and I've never had issues with this sort of thing until just now. I've been able to save files wherever I want, but all of a sudden now I can't. I can save it to my hard drive with no problems, but not my SSD. I've tried searching around for help, and found something where I'm supposed to try typing " net user administrator \active:yes " into the command prompt, and it said the command saved successfully or something, but I can't find an explanation of what that was even supposed to do. It definitely didn't fix my problem. Also, now I have a second "administrator" user out of nowhere so something I did to try and fix it has made it worse. It won't let me delete that user either. So it's just there now, and it wants to default to signing into that "account" when I boot up my computer. How do I make that go away? Please please help. I'm so frustrated with this, and it's all way beyond my understanding.

:)

AubreyKoebach, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 4, 2020
  4. KARELD94 Win User

Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else...

Administrator permission needed for saving online files

I tried to save files (PDF and .xls) in an existing folder on my computer after I downloaded Windows 10.

Before I used Windows 7 and everything saved without a problem, but now I get a message saying I need administrator permission to save in that folder.

I can save the files on the desktop, in the Downloads folder and some other folders and copy them afterwards. Then also I get asked to give administrator permission (for the copying), but then I can give one. As far as I know I am still the administrator
    on my computer.

How can I get those messages to disappear and to save files directly in the desired folder?

KARELD94, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else...

1. Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else... - Similar Threads - Why need administrator

2. Still struggling with the "Need Administrator Permission" to delete files on my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still struggling with the "Need Administrator Permission" to delete files on my own computer: I have tried to delete files from my computer that I put there. I get a box saying I need administrator permission, but this is my own personal computer. I have found others that have had the same problem, but the steps don't make sense with the windows program that I have...
  3. Still struggling with the "Need Administrator Permission" to delete files on my own computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still struggling with the "Need Administrator Permission" to delete files on my own computer: I have tried to delete files from my computer that I put there. I get a box saying I need administrator permission, but this is my own personal computer. I have found others that have had the same problem, but the steps don't make sense with the windows program that I have...
  4. Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?: Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?i've looked up solutions on microsoft answers and they all tell me to go to virus and protection etc and toggle off controlled folder access. when i try to access this page however via the search bar it...
  5. Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?

Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?: Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?i've looked up solutions on microsoft answers and they all tell me to go to virus and protection etc and toggle off controlled folder access. when i try to access this page however via the search bar it...
  6. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  7. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  8. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

9. Why do I need permission to perform an action on my own folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need permission to perform an action on my own folders?: I have an external drive connected through a wireless router and it is telling me I need permission to create a new folder anywhere on the drive.I used to be able to do this. Need some help please. Win 10 64bit:...
  10. I need to be administrator of my own computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to be administrator of my own computer: I have tried to defrag my computer but it wont let me because it says I'm not an administrator. The solution on help was to go into Friends and Others section. This did not work because my account did not come up as family or other....