Windows 10: why do I need an app now for cortana when it was working?

Discus and support why do I need an app now for cortana when it was working? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I went to type here to search box and it came up I need an mx-app?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gloriaj2019, May 5, 2019.

1. why do I need an app now for cortana when it was working?

I went to type here to search box and it came up I need an mx-app?

:)

Gloriaj2019, May 5, 2019

2. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, May 5, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 5, 2019
  4. why do I need an app now for cortana when it was working?

Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, May 5, 2019
Thema:

why do I need an app now for cortana when it was working?

1. why do I need an app now for cortana when it was working? - Similar Threads - why need app

2. Why Cortana doesn't open apps

in Cortana
    Why Cortana doesn't open apps: Cortana can't open apps, what could be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-doesnt-open-apps/fb47c1dc-6591-4dc0-8c85-a76682a5e811
  3. Why Cortana doesn't open apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Cortana doesn't open apps: Cortana can't open apps, what could be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-doesnt-open-apps/fb47c1dc-6591-4dc0-8c85-a76682a5e811
  4. Why did Cortana do this?

in Cortana
    Why did Cortana do this?: Guys, I asked Cortana to play my music but it didn't work. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-cortana-do-this/47c342e6-cdf1-47c8-8f28-cb59868385b4
  5. Why doesn't Cortana open apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Cortana open apps?: Guys, why did Cortana do this? I'm in Windows 10 version 20H2 I don't want to go back to a previous version of Windows 10. But why does Cortana do this?[ATTACH]...
  6. Why is Cortana not working?

in Cortana
    Why is Cortana not working?: When i try to use Cortana it says that she needs more time to finish installing all the packetges or somehing like that but i don't know which ones i need to install there are 0 insalling at the moment.How do i fix this?...
  7. Cortana now working correctly.

in Cortana
    Cortana now working correctly.: Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command...
  8. Microsoft To-Do and Cortana now integrated

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To-Do and Cortana now integrated: Now, with Microsoft To-Do and Cortana integration, you can save time and stay organized — Cortana helps by adding your reminders and tasks to your lists in Microsoft To-Do, so you can stay on top of what matters most. With Cortana, you can use your voice on your PC or your...
  9. Why do I need to sign in to get reminders to work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do I need to sign in to get reminders to work?: Seems like Microsoft are desperate to get me to sign in. I don't want to. Is there any way to use reminders without having to sign in? Seems like a pointless restriction, designed to grab yet more personal data. 104599
  10. Cortana: Now available where and when you need her

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana: Now available where and when you need her: Cortana was created to be a truly personal digital assistant – available on the go, no matter where or when you need help, and on whatever device you carry. That’s why it’s important to us that we bring Cortana to not only the Windows 10 ecosystem, but to other platforms....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wht is mx apps web in cortona