Windows 10: Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?

Discus and support Why do I need ctfmon.exe running? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently had to format my os drive and start over. Like always I go into msconfig and other startup areas and make the os as light as I can. Usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dane verdier, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?

I recently had to format my os drive and start over. Like always I go into msconfig and other startup areas and make the os as light as I can. Usually consists of googling every service and app I'm not sure of to see if I can remove or stop it from running. There are some things I leave on and then close if I'm going to be running games. Something I never saw before on my taskman was ctf loader. I had always stopped it in the beginning and didn't have to end the task. This time it prevented me from using the search bar and being able to bring the password promo up on the login screen via keybo

:)

dane verdier, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?

1. Why do I need ctfmon.exe running? - Similar Threads - Why need ctfmon

2. Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need ctfmon.exe running?: I recently had to format my os drive and start over. Like always I go into msconfig and other startup areas and make the os as light as I can. Usually consists of googling every service and app I'm not sure of to see if I can remove or stop it from running. There are some...
  3. How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?: I just opened my laptop and this thing pop out and it says ctfmon.exe - Bad ImageC:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  4. why have no name .exe running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  5. why have no name .exe running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  6. why have no name .exe running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Why do I get these exe errors and what do they mean?

Why do I get these exe errors and what do they mean?: I got this from my laptops assistant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-these-exe-errors-and-what-do-they/7702ff51-266b-46bf-ab7d-d76b2f72a5c3
  8. Why do I need Run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I need Run as administrator?: Hi, Even if we signed in with administrator account, mostly we use Run as administrator. Why do I need Run as administrator? Regards InTechSys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-run-as-administrator/abe2c534-5986-44b7-aba1-c0e0f8bf4c6a
  9. What is Rundll32.exe and why has it started running in the background?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Rundll32.exe and why has it started running in the background?: Hello, From the last few days there is something bizarre happening with my Windows 10 Task Manager Rundll32.exe will start running in the background when I look at my Task Manager and will not disappear. I have Windows 10 1903 for the last 1 month and I never noticed this,...
  10. CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work: how do I fix my keyboard is not working web site said to check for CTFMON.exe but I am not finding it under system 32 files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctfmonexe-is-missing-how-do-i-fix-it-my-keyboard/b0dd6628-a5b4-4cce-8b99-39f3b4259813