Windows 10: Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

Discus and support Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My set up: Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Windows Hello - PIN onRequired sign in when Windows wakes up from sleepMy computer goes to sleep due to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shay H., Jun 7, 2023.

1. Shay H. Win User

Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

My set up: Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Windows Hello - PIN onRequired sign in when Windows wakes up from sleepMy computer goes to sleep due to inactivity. I tap the keyboard. Computer wakes up to the lock screen. Nothing I do with the keyboard from that point moves me to the screen where I can enter my PIN.NOTE: this does *not* happen when I go through the power options to manually send my computer to sleep. In that case, tapping the keys sends me directly to the PIN entry screen.I can move the mouse around, double click, right click, all that, and I'll see the cursor moving, but unless

:)

Shay H., Jun 7, 2023
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

Change mouse polling rate in windows 10!

Use HIDUSBF to increasing your mouse polling rate :

digitally signed sweetlow 1000hz mouse driver

The driver is digitally signed to work with windows 10. You will find the download link in post #618 there

blobster21, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

1. Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why need mouse

2. why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?: I own my computer, why to I have to sign into microsoft just to use my on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-into-microsfot-to-use-my/8c57d543-59e3-49b4-ac60-7d8901b46757
  3. why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?: I own my computer, why to I have to sign into microsoft just to use my on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-into-microsfot-to-use-my/8c57d543-59e3-49b4-ac60-7d8901b46757
  4. why do i need to sign into microsfot to use my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?: My set up: Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Windows Hello - PIN onRequired sign in when Windows wakes up from sleepMy computer goes to sleep due to inactivity. I tap the keyboard. Computer wakes up to the lock screen. Nothing I do with the keyboard from that point moves me...
  6. Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?: My set up: Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Windows Hello - PIN onRequired sign in when Windows wakes up from sleepMy computer goes to sleep due to inactivity. I tap the keyboard. Computer wakes up to the lock screen. Nothing I do with the keyboard from that point moves me...
  7. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  8. why do i need to sign in to microsoft account to turn on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i need to sign in to microsoft account to turn on my laptop: Why do i need to sign in to microsoft account to turn on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-account-to/791eaf13-2174-4d4d-a444-f8e1c6399d51
  9. why do i need to sign in to microsoft account to turn on my laptop

why do i need to sign in to microsoft account to turn on my laptop: Why do i need to sign in to microsoft account to turn on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-account-to/791eaf13-2174-4d4d-a444-f8e1c6399d51
  10. Why do I need to sign in to get reminders to work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do I need to sign in to get reminders to work?: Seems like Microsoft are desperate to get me to sign in. I don't want to. Is there any way to use reminders without having to sign in? Seems like a pointless restriction, designed to grab yet more personal data. 104599