Windows 10: Why do I need to activate my MS Office applications Word, excel etc after I have...

Discus and support Why do I need to activate my MS Office applications Word, excel etc after I have... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We receive a copy of MS office via my wife's company to use at home. Having upgraded our home PC recently from Win 7 to Win 10. Now when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scottish_Yorkshire, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Why do I need to activate my MS Office applications Word, excel etc after I have...

We receive a copy of MS office via my wife's company to use at home.

Having upgraded our home PC recently from Win 7 to Win 10. Now when I click on word or excel or PowerPoint it asks for activation.

Message on screen says that MS could find any office licences with <email address of home PC account> I've tried call back from MS help desk... but no one has called.

Apparently activation needs to be done before 31 Jan.

So I have reinstalled MS office from the wife's company website and I am still being asked to activate?

Any help from the forum would be most welcome.

Thanks

:)

Scottish_Yorkshire, Jan 26, 2020

2. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 26, 2020
  4. e6250465 Win User

Why do I need to activate my MS Office applications Word, excel etc after I have...

Can in Nokia 5800 Express music use MS-office - Excel, word & powerpoint application

Can Anyone advice on the following

1. loading & use of MS-Office like Excel, Word & Powerpoint in Nokia 5800

e6250465, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Why do I need to activate my MS Office applications Word, excel etc after I have...

1. Why do I need to activate my MS Office applications Word, excel etc after I have... - Similar Threads - Why need activate

2. Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  3. why do I need to purchase office?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why do I need to purchase office?: Why do I now need to buy office?what is cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-purchase-office/f531a3ea-a71a-4cce-bf86-166adec9c050
  4. why do I need to purchase office?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I need to purchase office?: Why do I now need to buy office?what is cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-purchase-office/f531a3ea-a71a-4cce-bf86-166adec9c050
  5. Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc.: Hi all. One of the e-mail accounts I have is the webmail of Outlook.Live.com I originally created this e-mail account years ago when Windows 10 was first about to launch. As I'm sure many of you will remember, when Windows 10 first launched, they said if you had a current,...
  6. I need Word for an application?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need Word for an application?: but I can't get it standing up, I have to buy it, but I can't afford it... Anybody got an idea what I can do? Anybody know a site? Ich brauch Word für ne Bewerbung?
  7. deleted word, excel, etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deleted word, excel, etc: hello there, just today my partner reset the computer, so we lost everything including our word, excel package. can you help me?? and tell me how to put it back on our laptop Thanks...
  8. after downloading/adding office 365, why do i have 2 excels and 2 words...

in Windows 10 Customization
    after downloading/adding office 365, why do i have 2 excels and 2 words...: so I downloaded/added the free office 365 that came with the purchase of my laptop, and now I believe I actually have a total of two of everything that comes in office 365 in the scroll menu that's in alphabetical order where they can be accessed (i.e. two of ms word, excel,...
  9. I need help to Activate 2007 Student Excell and and Word

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need help to Activate 2007 Student Excell and and Word: My product key is: QWWTP-DXD8R-YHDR4-T46J2-TFX68 Thank you, David Wright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-activate-2007-student-excell-and/c8b67c9f-f363-4e3c-b1b2-95176c53c31a"
  10. MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.): Approximately 2 weeks ago, I received a notice from MS that my drivers were out of date and to update. So I let MS update my PC. Now my MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. do not work. I can not open my previous word, excel, etc. documents. What gives? I had upgraded my...