Windows 10: Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added?

Discus and support Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added? Windows 10 1803 OS (64-Bit)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vijay1700, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Vijay1700 Win User

Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added?

Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added? Windows 10 1803 OS (64-Bit)

:)

Vijay1700, Nov 21, 2018
  2. 3GM
    3GM Win User

How to assign a folder column layout to subfolders?

Thank you for the response, Andre.

Unfortunately, the steps you provide do not have an effect on the folder view with regard to the column selection nor order in which they appear.

Current default columns for "Music" type view:

Name # Title Contributing Artists Album

Desired columns and order

Name Date Modified Length Size Title Date Created

3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 21, 2018
  4. dexhiker Win User

Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added?

Windows Explorer List view columns are too wide - can they be adjusted

I have Windows Explorer set to a “List” view. In one particular folder all of the filenames are the same length, i.e. 7 characters. The File name extension box is not checked. After a recent Windows 10 upgrade the list view columns are very wide. There is lots of unused space between the columns and not all files are listed unless the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom is used. Previously all files could be displayed in a window of a given size. Can the width of the list view columns be adjusted?

dexhiker, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added? - Similar Threads - Why need add

2. Do I need to re-install Windows again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to re-install Windows again?: Hi everyone, I am pretty new to using Windows 11 and am finding my feet, so please forgive me if my question sounds stupid! I had a BSOD that happened nearly a month ago and was an unspecified error. I did a hardware scan which found no errors and I re-installed Windows and...
  3. i deleted one drive folder and it is showing this again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i deleted one drive folder and it is showing this again and again: please tell me what to do it shows evertime when i open explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-one-drive-folder-and-it-is-showing-this/a4351583-5c6c-4559-aa9f-b9cff0e201f2
  4. Had a bsod again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had a bsod again: alright, this has been an issue for very long and this is my 3rd time on this website now.dump file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllpiUC39qPTpUY5Cxx2igWlBUx8?e=5vuDiAevent viewer logs:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllpiUC39qPTpUe7ZZWDsL_XUzHd?e=dIG6Xnthanks in advance!OLDER event viewer logs...
  5. Had a BSOD, and I really do not want it to occur again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had a BSOD, and I really do not want it to occur again.: Hello everyone, I need help. My PCnotebook just had a BSOD with a stopcode: system service exception. This is the first time it has happened and I am really worried and do not want to it happen again. If you could kindly check and analyze the dmp file that I have attached,...
  6. Do I need to activate windows again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to activate windows again?: Okay so I want to reset my pc (built one) to its factory status but I have no idea if it would lose its windows 10 activation. Can anyone please tell me that if I reset it it would lose its activation? submitted by /u/yoSausage [link] [comments]...
  7. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  8. I need help... AGAIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help... AGAIN: Ok so my computer has been slowing down even more, there have been black screens and error popping up which says GPU launching failed. Yet when i try to update the drivers there are no new updates. it also says that its working perfectly. Same with every other device in my...
  9. I need help again

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help again: I need help again every time there is a windows update my laptop has issues. now the battery icon disappeared I have tried some methods that go on the internet, but I can not find the solution...
  10. Do i need to buy windows again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do i need to buy windows again?: Hello guys so today i just changed my laptop's hard disk and the person who change my hard disk says that i need to buy windows again in order to receive windows 10 which im wondering if its true or not because i have an original windows before, so now i leave my laptop...