Windows 10: Why do I need to brick my laptop for half a day every week for an update?

Discus and support Why do I need to brick my laptop for half a day every week for an update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I mean what is the point of all of these unnecessary updates taking forever, freezing half the time and taking forever? Why can’t we have Windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pkirk8012, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Why do I need to brick my laptop for half a day every week for an update?

I mean what is the point of all of these unnecessary updates taking forever, freezing half the time and taking forever? Why can’t we have Windows 8 back? I literally use my laptop as a browser and for my side gig and it feels like I’m using a laptop from 20 years ago as opposed to one I bought 2 years ago. Just frustrating and needed to vent.

submitted by /u/pkirk8012
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pkirk8012, Feb 3, 2021

2. BIOS update bricks laptop

I love these titles never hung out at a forum but, BIOS update bricks laptop!!! Suddenly your a lap top computer expert

jaggerwild, Feb 3, 2021
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BIOS update bricks laptop

I know this is going to blow your mind, but I've had bios bricks and I do laptop refurbs for a living. It happens... Particularly when the flash program is windows only and drivers are amuck.

R-T-B, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Why do I need to brick my laptop for half a day every week for an update?

BIOS update bricks laptop

Hey everyone,

Last night I wanted to update my bios which lead to the laptop bricking and wouldn't turn off until the battery finally died. I tried plugging it in afterwards but the laptop would neither charge nor turn on. I tried every trick in the book, but the laptop would not charge or turn on. Nothing. I read online that this could be due to a corrupt bios chip. I want to replace it, but considering the laptop won't turn on at all, does this also mean the motherboard is damaged? I read online that the motherboard cannot be ruined from a bad bios update so I'm hoping I just need to replace the bios chip as it is a cheaper solution than replacing the entire board. Can anyone recommend what to do? Any advice would be really really helpful. Thanks.

NoviceGamer, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Why do I need to brick my laptop for half a day every week for an update?

1. Why do I need to brick my laptop for half a day every week for an update? - Similar Threads - Why need brick

2. Why do windows 11 updates keep bricking my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do windows 11 updates keep bricking my laptop?: I have a brand new razor laptop and I’ve had two windows 11 updates brick my PC. I had to uninstall the previous update because it wouldn’t boot properly, after this recent update my Face ID is stuck in a loop of trying to log me in. I do not have an option to bypass the Face...
  3. Why do windows 11 updates keep bricking my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do windows 11 updates keep bricking my laptop?: I have a brand new razor laptop and I’ve had two windows 11 updates brick my PC. I had to uninstall the previous update because it wouldn’t boot properly, after this recent update my Face ID is stuck in a loop of trying to log me in. I do not have an option to bypass the Face...
  4. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  5. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  6. Every win10 update bricks my pc

Every win10 update bricks my pc: Why is it that every time you update win10 it completely fails and I have to reformat. I purposely avoid your additions because they are so detrimental. Literal hours of my life wasted to a product that's supposed to make things easier. Unacceptable....
  7. My computer has been updating every day for some weeks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer has been updating every day for some weeks: I dont understand why it doesn't update everything at the same time, also whenever I check for updates it tells me there arent, I wait a couple of hours and there are some updates available. Rn I just downloaded an update for half an hour and it didn't finish downloading when...
  8. No internet access every two and a half days...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access every two and a half days...?: I don't get it. Every two and a half days (roughly) I'll get on my workstation to find Outlook and Dropbox disconnected and the globe sitting in my icon tray with no internet connectivity at all. If I open the Network Connections/Change adapter options settings page, disable...
  9. Every few weeks Microsoft waste days of my life, WHY?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Every few weeks Microsoft waste days of my life, WHY?: Just so sickening. All day had a "feature" update stuck at 93% with CPU maxing out at 100% on some plugins migration task for hours. Twice it tells me I have to reboot despite still at 93% and after eventually rebooting telling me about some silly new features that I don't...
  10. Why do I need to change my password &/or pin every 2/3 weeks!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I need to change my password &/or pin every 2/3 weeks!?: I keep being asked to change my password/pin every 2/3 weeks. But only on my laptop! it does not do it on any other device and it is very frustrating. I also cant use the same password I have used before, which I get, but I haven't used the old passwords in years! It states...