Windows 10: Why do I need to buy a business service to use a Windows VM?

Discus and support Why do I need to buy a business service to use a Windows VM? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm allowed to work from home on non-proprietary stuff where I require no need to connect to my corporate network. However, I do not want to co-mingle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by t4sm5la4r, Feb 28, 2019.

1. t4sm5la4r Win User

Why do I need to buy a business service to use a Windows VM?

I'm allowed to work from home on non-proprietary stuff where I require no need to connect to my corporate network. However, I do not want to co-mingle my work and my home stuff on the same machine. I would rather have a clean separation between the two.

Therefore, I purchased Windows 10 Pro so that I could create a VM for anything work related.

When I attempt to connect to my newly minted VM, it asks for a "username and password you use with Office 365 or other business services from Microsoft". I don't want to use Office 365 and I don't use "other business services from Microsoft".

I just want a VM to keep my work and my home files and apps separate.

Can I do that with Windows?

:)

t4sm5la4r, Feb 28, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 28, 2019
  3. TPU a business?

We communicate via a forum so how about creating a special secured forum for company members only ?

Of course all tpu members could vote from a list of applicants imposed by the owner of TPU who would have himself previously received canditates applications stating how they think they could benefit the company, what they can do the best and what section they would work for. With some of their work in exemple.

Guys could apply in IT service, market research, accounting, artistic creations for case in exemple. Electronic for PSU's. Name it !

on my behalf my specialty is structure management and gestion of companies, production and business. Could wrtie down some step-by-step plans for establishing different departments.

MohawkAngel, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Why do I need to buy a business service to use a Windows VM?

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Why do I need to buy a business service to use a Windows VM? :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Why do I need to buy a business service to use a Windows VM?

1. Why do I need to buy a business service to use a Windows VM? - Similar Threads - Why need buy

2. How do I buy Windows 11 with a business account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I buy Windows 11 with a business account?: Hi,I have a MSFT 365 Business Premium subscription, which is tied to a work account. I am the admin for the organization.I need to buy a Windows 11 license key, but I can't figure out how to do that with the work account. Some things I've tried:Open the Microsoft Store app...
  3. How do I buy Windows 11 with a business account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I buy Windows 11 with a business account?: Hi,I have a MSFT 365 Business Premium subscription, which is tied to a work account. I am the admin for the organization.I need to buy a Windows 11 license key, but I can't figure out how to do that with the work account. Some things I've tried:Open the Microsoft Store app...
  4. Why do a need to buy an extension to play a video?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do a need to buy an extension to play a video?: I used to be able to play videos downloaded from my iPhone, which use a .mov extension, but suddenly, MS wants me to buy an extension to be able to play these videos. Why do I suddenly need to buy an extension to play videos that used to play just fine without spending extra...
  5. Why do a need to buy an extension to play a video?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do a need to buy an extension to play a video?: I used to be able to play videos downloaded from my iPhone, which use a .mov extension, but suddenly, MS wants me to buy an extension to be able to play these videos. Why do I suddenly need to buy an extension to play videos that used to play just fine without spending extra...
  6. Why do a need to buy an extension to play a video?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. VM licensing - Business environment

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VM licensing - Business environment: 762 / 5000 Rezultatele traducerii Hello! I am an IT Network Administrator and I am writing to clarify some aspects related to licensing in the business environment.We have a virtual machine with Windows 10 VM1, licensed retail that we no longer use but we have not deleted...
  8. Which windows license do I need to use on a VM?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which windows license do I need to use on a VM?: Hello everyone, I would like to ask which license do I need to use if: I have a VM with 8 cores. On this VM I run 4 Docker containers from 1 Docker image with Windows 10 VM. This is necessary to run tests on MS IE/Edge. Schema is: Big VM (8 cores) -> Docker container...
  9. Do I need to buy Dolby Atmos ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to buy Dolby Atmos ?: Hi guys I have Creative sound blaster z card but I just saw Microsoft Dolby Atmos and I want to ask is it worth it to buy it or it wont add any enhacement to my audio system ? 132872
  10. Do i need to buy windows again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do i need to buy windows again?: Hello guys so today i just changed my laptop's hard disk and the person who change my hard disk says that i need to buy windows again in order to receive windows 10 which im wondering if its true or not because i have an original windows before, so now i leave my laptop...