Windows 10: Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet?

Discus and support Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For about a year now when I sign in or wake my pc up, I have to restart it in order to connect to the internet at all. It reads "connected no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nch33, Jan 26, 2023.

1. nch33 Win User

Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet?

For about a year now when I sign in or wake my pc up, I have to restart it in order to connect to the internet at all. It reads "connected no internet". Then I restart and it works fine, until it does it again. Sometimes its that day, sometimes its the next. Both wi-fi and ethernet are effected. Please help.

:)

nch33, Jan 26, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet? 97987d1485971061t-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer-.png
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet? 98003d1485971061t-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer-b.png

topgundcp, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 26, 2023
  4. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet? - Similar Threads - Why need restart

2. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  3. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  4. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet?

Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet?: For about a year now when I sign in or wake my pc up, I have to restart it in order to connect to the internet at all. It reads "connected no internet". Then I restart and it works fine, until it does it again. Sometimes its that day, sometimes its the next. Both wi-fi and...
  6. Why do I intermittently get: "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

Why do I intermittently get: "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...: For too many years to count, a couple of times a month usually after an update, I get the "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. High Definition Audio Bus.". I looked at the canned 'answer' of a previous question and found that it...
  7. Why do I need internet to log into my windows acc.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I need internet to log into my windows acc.: I've recently changed my sign-in option from default to pin. Now, for some reason I need internet to sign-into my account. While setting-up the pin option, I remember inputting my email for some reason I don't clearly remember. Is it because of that, that I'm not able to...
  8. Need help Pc not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help Pc not connecting to internet: I just got a pc for Christmas and just hooked it up but it won’t connect to internet no internets even show up even though my phone and l can connect fine please help. submitted by /u/dovakinalex69 [link] [comments]...
  9. PC restarts when I try to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC restarts when I try to connect to the internet: Hello, whenever I try to connect my desktop to my router it just restarts, no error message at all, my pc is wireless, can't try wired at the moment because I don't have a cable long enough....
  10. everytime needs to restart pc to connect to landline internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everytime needs to restart pc to connect to landline internet: HI microsoft community, I want some help.I am having problem with internet on window 10 pc. My pc is always connected to landline but when i turn on and start my pc there is no internet access to my pc but when i restart my pc, internet start working,please fix this problem...