Windows 10: Why do I need to scan so often

Discus and support Why do I need to scan so often in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am directed by Windows Defender to scan my computer - that it is not safe. A few hours later it tells me the same thing, even though I have not used... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Deno251, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Deno251 Win User

Why do I need to scan so often

I am directed by Windows Defender to scan my computer - that it is not safe. A few hours later it tells me the same thing, even though I have not used the conmputer

:)

Deno251, Jul 5, 2018

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 5, 2018
  4. avemaria Win User

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why do I need to scan so often - Similar Threads - Why need scan

2. Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?: Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? I resisted upgrading for a long time because of these suspected issues with hew builds. Microsoft kept pestering me to upgrade every time I log on and now that I have done it, my computer keeps crashing and rebooting. "It...
  3. Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?: Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? I resisted upgrading for a long time because of these suspected issues with hew builds. Microsoft kept pestering me to upgrade every time I log on and now that I have done it, my computer keeps crashing and rebooting. "It...
  4. Why does windows 11 update so often?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows 11 update so often?: Every time the upgrade it requires a reboot. It is very irritating and disrupts my working. Not to mention loss of productivity. Is there a way to disable windows updates or pause updates more than a week like a month? I will take responsibility for security issues. Instead...
  5. Why does windows 11 update so often?

Why does windows 11 update so often?: Every time the upgrade it requires a reboot. It is very irritating and disrupts my working. Not to mention loss of productivity. Is there a way to disable windows updates or pause updates more than a week like a month? I will take responsibility for security issues. Instead...
  6. Why deos Mail app open so often? What can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why deos Mail app open so often? What can I do?: The Mail app reopens automatically very often, what shall I do?Any solutions?Thanks, PHJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-deos-mail-app-open-so-often-what-can-i-do/59a2174a-3c75-49e1-8818-d3f7dabbfe06
  7. Why deos Mail app open so often? What can I do?

Why deos Mail app open so often? What can I do?: The Mail app reopens automatically very often, what shall I do?Any solutions?Thanks, PHJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-deos-mail-app-open-so-often-what-can-i-do/59a2174a-3c75-49e1-8818-d3f7dabbfe06
  8. How often does Defender do a quick scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How often does Defender do a quick scan?: I've been trying to find a solid answer on this question, but the web is not much help. I have three PCs that each run Windows Defender Quick Scan at different times (days between scans), and was wondering why. One scans every day, one scans every four days, and the other...
  9. Why do I have to change my pin to log onto my laptop so often?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to change my pin to log onto my laptop so often?: Why do I have to change my pin to log onto my laptop so often? In less than 12 months I have been asked to change my pin when logging on about 6/7 times - there will come point where I don't have anything else to change it to. The message we get is, 'Your organisation...
  10. Why do I have so many files to scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have so many files to scan: I have so many files 386,000+ that it takes a long time to scan. Why do I have so many files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-files-to-scan/7770e9bd-7db2-4fc7-b53e-d3d3a6ba5c0b