Windows 10: Why do I not get a notification when I plug in an USB drive telling me

Discus and support Why do I not get a notification when I plug in an USB drive telling me in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a desktop (in windows 10 home), and when I plug in an USB drive I get a notification that it was plugged into the PC with the USB name also.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TJB, Oct 30, 2019.

1. TJB
    TJB Win User

Why do I not get a notification when I plug in an USB drive telling me

I have a desktop (in windows 10 home), and when I plug in an USB drive I get a notification that it was plugged into the PC with the USB name also. When I plug one into my Laptop I don't get the same notification, what needs to be done to fix this issue?

:)

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Why do I not get a notification when I plug in an USB drive telling me - Similar Threads - Why notification plug

2. No Notification Sounds when USB Headset Plugged In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Notification Sounds when USB Headset Plugged In: I am using a Voyager 4320 wireless headset on Windows 11. When it is plugged in, I do not hear desktop notification sounds new Outlook email, new Teams message, meeting reminders, etc.. When I unplug the headset's USB dongle, I hear the notification sounds again immediately....
  3. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  4. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  5. Why do I sometimes get this notification?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do I sometimes get this notification?: We need to fix your Microsoft account (you password might've changed.) But, when I go to check it, nothing has been wrong. 182943
  6. When I plug my flash drive in my computer it shows up as 4 drives, and it tells me to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I plug my flash drive in my computer it shows up as 4 drives, and it tells me to...: submitted by /u/slick_randall71 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kohf2p/when_i_plug_my_flash_drive_in_my_computer_it/
  7. Can someone tell me why it says this mic is not plugged in when it is, it’s a sudotack usb mic

Can someone tell me why it says this mic is not plugged in when it is, it’s a sudotack usb mic: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SmedsBaby [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaka3k/can_someone_tell_me_why_it_says_this_mic_is_not/
  8. Can anyone tell me why am I getting this?

Can anyone tell me why am I getting this?: This is what I get when searching. My web results are disabled in settings, so this is really strange. submitted by /u/Zeheson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hq7whz/can_anyone_tell_me_why_am_i_getting_this/
  9. Why do I not get a notification when I plug in an USB drive telling me

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do I not get a notification when I plug in an USB drive telling me: I have a desktop (in windows 10 home), and when I plug in an USB drive I get a notification that it was plugged into the PC with the USB name also. When I plug one into my Laptop I don't get the same notification, what needs to be done to fix this issue? 143486
  10. problem with USB portable drive when it gets plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem with USB portable drive when it gets plugged in: When I plug in my 2TB WD "My Passport" USB portable drive, a pop-up is always shown saying "Problem with USB Drive....." When I click on the bubble to scan the drive, no errors are found. The next time I plug that drive into the same USB port, the pop-up is shown again and...